iPhone Pwnage Tool Released

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I have lost most, if not all, respect for Zibri after being on the Dev-team IRC channel.

thank you dev team - good to see you guys again..

PWNAGE=GODTOOL.

and now I wait for Windows version..

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
any one use it yet? i think i'll pick this up when i get home later.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
What does this program actually do?
Sorry for being a noob to all this but is this an unlocker, jailbreak type of program like ZiPhone?

Or will i totally screw up my iPhone using this?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping I can find a copy of the modified 1.2 firmware (or the 2.0, though the 1.2 seems more stable than the 2.0). Though if the tool is easy enough to modify the firmware myself I'll just go ahead and do it. I'm curious to see what it does to me and my developer provisioning on the phone.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
I used it today and it worked great. The Dev team is great.

All I need now is a copy of the beta firmware so I can start using that.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'd use it if I wasn't jailbroken, but for now I'll stay that way.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah i'm feeling the same way as john. But if someone does get the beta, please let us know.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Has anyone successfuly pwned their phone using firmware 2.0 beta. I have all the appropriate materials I need to do the process but I'm still hesitant about doing it. Any thoughts or has anyone heard anything?

Sep 29, 2007
yah ive already seen the torrent and ive been downloading but i hate how slow these are

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
yah ive already seen the torrent and ive been downloading but i hate how slow these are
Yes. You have to be very patient. I waited a good hour and Im using a college internet that restricts the use of download torrents because of the trouble they got in for illegal music downloads by students. I really would like to install it and pwn it but im not willing to risk messing up the phone

Sep 29, 2007
Yes. You have to be very patient. I waited a good hour and Im using a college internet that restricts the use of download torrents because of the trouble they got in for illegal music downloads by students. I really would like to install it and pwn it but im not willing to risk messing up the phone
There is a video on youtube showing the step by step instructions on how to do it using the exact same firmware.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Say i do use this tool. How would i bring my phone back to the way it was when i took it out the box?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Say i do use this tool. How would i bring my phone back to the way it was when i took it out the box?
use BootNeuter, and flash BL to whatever was on it when it was OTB..

1.0-1.1.1 = 3.9
1.1.2 - = 4.6

then restore to 1.1.4.

good day.

Sep 29, 2007
Anyone done this with 2.0 yet and not was a registered user?

doesn't work with 1.2 yet as Pwnage doesn't recognize it. I just attempted using a custom ispw

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
I have lost most, if not all, respect for Zibri after being on the Dev-team IRC channel.

PWNAGE=GODTOOL.

why what did Zibri do?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

PWNAGE=GODTOOL.

Why, because the Dev Team takes every chance they can to trash talk him? I stopped reading the TUAW blogcast with them once they started in on the trash talking.

The entire coder scene is ridiculous in this respect, they jock each other for code and then trash talk the minute someone does something with said code.

Lets see, theres:

DrunknBass vs Layton Duncan

Nate vs NereGas/Dev Team

Zibri vs Dev Team

I'm sure I'm missing something there, but stepping back and looking at the names involved, its easy to see that everyone named has brought something to the community and pushed the iPhone's boundaries back in doing so.

I chalk this one up to all of them just being naive and not understanding how to handle success, either in real life or online. Sprinkle liberally with social retardation and I think we can call this one cooked.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Why, because the Dev Team takes every chance they can to trash talk him? I stopped reading the TUAW blogcast with them once they started in on the trash talking.

The entire coder scene is ridiculous in this respect, they jock each other for code and then trash talk the minute someone does something with said code.
I stuck with the liveblog thing, but had the same general sentiments as you. Think it is pretty sad the amount of time / commentary that was devoted to slating Zibri.

I thought one of the principles with all of this was the whole 'open and sharing' thing amongst the iPhone hacking community - that seems to have gone up in smoke with all the in-fighting stuff lately ...