iPhone question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nastyrock

Aug 12, 2007
Ok, my friend wants to buy an iPhone but doesn't have a computer. Can he use my computer to activate it because I have an iPhone and i thought i heard somewhere that you cant have more than one on a computer.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Ok, my friend wants to buy an iPhone but doesn't have a computer. Can he use my computer to activate it because I have an iPhone and i thought i heard somewhere that you cant have more than one on a computer.

Yes, you can. It will work. If your friend tries to sync on another computer later, it will delete the existing music library on the iPhone.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Just give your friend an account on your computer, PC or Mac. They'll have their own profile and their own iTunes setup.

Joe

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Absolutely, he can use your computer to activate it.

Back on June 29, my Lame Windows Vista refused to let me
activate my iPhone, so I thankfully used a friends Mac Book Pro
to get me up and Surfing.

Just pay attention to what's required, click all of the necessary
bells, and whistles, and Yes. It will work.

John

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You can also request that they activate it for you at the ATT store. They may not want to because it'll mean someone will have to do some extra work (unless you have a decent sales person - they do exist), but they'll do it. The biggest drawback is if your phone takes a while to activate. I bought mine a month after iDay and it still took over three hours to finally get it working.