iPhone questions for happy owners

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tomas

Jun 18, 2007
Hi, I'd like to ask for something some happy owners of this great phone:

1) can I send a photo over bluetooth to another device?
2) how many phone numbers, emails, etc can be stored for each contact in the contact list?
3) is it really able to check mailbox automatically in only 15, 30 or 60 minutes? (it seems to be very small range of options, why I cannot write for example 95 minutes?)
4) can I add more recipients to the email at once from the contact list? (I don't want to add first, go back to contact list, add second, ...)
5) when you write SMS, the input line is horribly short - how you go (for example) to the beginning of the message?
6) can it record a call or is this feature really missing?
7) does it have any ring profiles or is this also missing?
8) can I somehow save a picture from some email to the phone?

Thanks for answers

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
1. don't think so, i just tried and couldnt figure it out, but i only tried for a sec.
2. i dunno the most numbers i have for a person is 3 or 4, but i think u can add as many as u want.
3. yes 15, 30 and 60. i have no idea why but i don't mind (also i think if u have yahoo whenever u get a new email it auto shows up, but i use gmail)
4. no u have to add a contact and then it goes back to the email and then you have to go back to the contact list to pick the 2nd, but its still really fast and easy.
5. once the message goes over the first line it auto adds the 2nd line and so on depending on the length of the message your typing.
6. i heard it cant but i havnt tried myself
7. ya pretty sure its missing that, but i don't think u really need it
8. no :( its really weak

ipvfletch

Jul 1, 2007
7) If by ring profiles, you mean a different ringer per contact, then YES, this is supported. Go in and edit one of your contacts to see. :)

Tomas

Jun 18, 2007
7) If by ring profiles, you mean a different ringer per contact, then YES, this is supported. Go in and edit one of your contacts to see. :)
No, I wrote about the ring profiles known from other phones like sonny ericsson, nokia s40, s60 and others. You are writing only about per-contact personal ring tone

ipvfletch

Jul 1, 2007
Oh Ok..

Yes, the phones software is still really unfinished, has too many missing features and I hope the sw update will come soon.
But yes - its the first mobile phone from Apple, hope Apple will not behave like nokia.
I couldn't agree more.

Ideally, I'd really like to see:

a) Voice Dial

b) Icons showing which recent calls were inbound/outbound

c) Some kind of PAUSE function built into a phone number, such as Voicemail so you can make it punch in your vmail password automatically for you