iPhone Questions/Problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
I bought my 8GB iPhone two days before the 1.1.1 update. I don't know if its because of the update or if I just got a slightly dysfunctional phone, but some things seem to not work correctly.
-I can't put the phone on silent using the side volume buttons. Before the update I could put the volume all the way down to silent. Now when I put it all the way down it still shows one volume bar, and the only way I can put it on silent is using the silent switch button right on top of the volume adjusters. Not really a big deal but kind of annoying.
-When I adjust the volume of a song, the song breaks up when being adjusted and the circle on the volume bar will jump around. For instance if I slide it all the way down to lower the volume, it will jump to a slightly higher volume. The same goes for videos. It only seems to happen after I use the phone for a while... if I shut it off and turn it back on its fine.
-I can't use the pinch to zoom feature on the Google home page. Not a big deal but I'm wondering if its a sign that my phone has problems.

Thanks!

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
A trip to the Genius Bar or a call to Apple sounds like your best bet at this phone. It does appear as if something funky is going on.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
A trip to the Genius Bar or a call to Apple sounds like your best bet at this phone. It does appear as if something funky is going on.
if you do go this route, try and schedule ahead and make an appointment ahead of time. when i went i had to wait 45mins just for my appt. and then an extra 30 after that..

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
Yes, thats what I was thinking about doing. However I don't know when I can get to my Apple store... I wonder if AT&T would exchange it for a new one since thats where I bought it. Does anyone else have these same problems?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Yes, thats what I was thinking about doing. However I don't know when I can get to my Apple store... I wonder if AT&T would exchange it for a new one since thats where I bought it. Does anyone else have these same problems?
my google homepage cannot pinch size, either. And I did not updat to 1.1

No crackling in my sound and I can turn down the ringer to zero. Good luck

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
my google homepage cannot pinch size, either. And I did not updat to 1.1

No crackling in my sound and I can turn down the ringer to zero. Good luck
I could turn the volume down to zero until I updated. I'm just wondering if my phone is messed up or was this a part of 1.1.1?