iPhone rang but screen wouldn't wake up?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 7, 2007
Just had a really odd problem that I have not seen pop up yet. I had just finished a call and my phone rings again, but this time you can hear it ringing (and it vibrates) but the screen doesn't come up. The call ended and I pressed the power button (didn't power it off) and the screen came on, but then the phone started acting weird and wouldn't make or receive calls/no signal. I reset it and now it seems okay...but has anyone else had this issue? I am hoping it is a software glitch, but who knows.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Just had a really odd problem that I have not seen pop up yet. I had just finished a call and my phone rings again, but this time you can hear it ringing (and it vibrates) but the screen doesn't come up. The call ended and I pressed the power button (didn't power it off) and the screen came on, but then the phone started acting weird and wouldn't make or receive calls/no signal. I reset it and now it seems okay...but has anyone else had this issue? I am hoping it is a software glitch, but who knows.
I've had this 2 times. phone is ringing, but screen is black...won't respond. I didn't have the follow-up problems of the phone acting weird, though, so I never reset it.

Jul 7, 2007
I've had this 2 times. phone is ringing, but screen is black...won't respond. I didn't have the follow-up problems of the phone acting weird, though, so I never reset it.
Well maybe I did lose signal coincidentally, my reception at my house can vary sometimes. Thank you for the reply though, glad to know I'm not the only one.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I haven't had that issue, but I don't do a lot of phone calls. Maybe the battery was really low?

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
This used to happen when I had a case but now I got the skins from bestskinsever and seemes good now maybe its something with the case

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah I don't get much calls it happened to me 2 or 3 times really but it was with a case I pulled it out and I couldnt see crap was just black

cdfink08

Jul 17, 2007
my brother has a case on his phone and it too would stay black ...I think he mentioned the proximity sensor..as soon as he took it off he no longer had that problem

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
It may be that you had Safari loading a webpage in the background.

Same thing happened to me while I was loading a content heavy page in the background. I cleared the browser and all seemed fine then. I was using EDGE at the time and you can't use the internet and the phone at the same time on EDGE. Good luck.

G