iPhone reactivation info

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
ok so I bought my girlfriend a iPhone back when they first came out and well I helped her set it up to her family plan who her grandmas plan and bill. Anyways we used the phone for about 2 months and then she bought a krazor so now I have the iPhone but I really don't feel like paying 60$ a month for the phone. So when we went to the AT&T store she got her new phone and this one just like deactivated and now it always says no service but I can still do wifi and iPod and everything else I have even updated to 1.1.1 and I was wondering how do I activate it again so I can do the pay as you go plan? I int know how to get ITUnes to bring it up it just always saysy old number. Is there anyway I can reactivate it so I can do the pay as you go trick ?

Oct 8, 2007
ok so I bought my girlfriend a iPhone back when they first came out and well I helped her set it up to her family plan who her grandmas plan and bill. Anyways we used the phone for about 2 months and then she bought a krazor so now I have the iPhone but I really don't feel like paying 60$ a month for the phone. So when we went to the AT&T store she got her new phone and this one just like deactivated and now it always says no service but I can still do wifi and iPod and everything else I have even updated to 1.1.1 and I was wondering how do I activate it again so I can do the pay as you go plan? I int know how to get ITUnes to bring it up it just always saysy old number. Is there anyway I can reactivate it so I can do the pay as you go trick ?
your iPhone is basicly locked until you activate it again through iTunes. but i believe if you unlock it, then you can put any GSM sim card back in the phone.. even a pay as you go sim.

bascily thats similar to what i did. im a current ATT customer but i didn't want to lock my sim and number to only the iPhone. so.. i unlocked my iPhone and now my ATT sim will work with my iPhine and still with my other unlocked GSM phones. also, when i travel to asia where they use GSM sim cards, i can simply put in a pay as you go sim card.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
ok so I do the ibrickr thing to unlock my phone then I go to walmart and buy one of the cheap AT&T pay as you go phones then get the sim and activate it and use my phones imei numbers and stuff?does the I ternet work with it?

Oct 8, 2007
ok so I do the ibrickr thing to unlock my phone then I go to walmart and buy one of the cheap AT&T pay as you go phones then get the sim and activate it and use my phones imei numbers and stuff?does the I ternet work with it?
there are several different ways to unlock the iPhone. just read up and choose the one you think you can perform. for the sim card, yes.. you can do that once the phone is fully unlocked. im not sure about the EDGE internet services on a pre-pay plan. you may want to check out the ATT sight and see how much they charge per minute to use the data package. but even if it does work, i think our pay-pay sim may take a beating if u use the internet a lot. i have a standard ATT sim card with a $20 unlimited data plan.. so it works well for me.

Oct 8, 2007
Ok and nothing bad will happen to my phone if I downgrade? I heard something about baseband not working if you downgrade
when ever you downgrade, you will be taking a chance. the downgrade limits you to 1.0.2 os and your also limited to a certain version of iTunes (always keep auto update turned off). but if your goal is to use a pre-paid sim, then this is the only way. you just got to be careful.