iPhone Ready Websites ?

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
Is there a list/link page out there with websites formatted to fit the iPhone screen ? I've seen a few but was wondering how many are out there specifically for iPhone use ?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
webapps pretty much are websites made to fit the iPhone. There is a whole list of those at the Apple website and they are also smattered all over the forums!:laugh2:

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
webapps pretty much are websites made to fit the iPhone. There is a whole list of those at the Apple website and they are also smattered all over the forums!:laugh2:

Yes, but I think he is thinking of websites that are custom to iPhone specifically, and not webapps that have no specific regular web page counter part.

I.e www.facebook.com www.amazon.com and www.google.com

Although Apple has these webapps (which also double as regular websites) they do not have the organized in anyway to separate them from all the other webapps.

I think this thread will be useful.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i believe the idea is that ALL websites are "iPhone ready"... except if they need flash, of course.

Pimou

Jan 29, 2008
i believe the idea is that ALL websites are "iPhone ready"... except if they need flash, of course.
Maybe but I've seen some sites that have been designed to fit perfectly the dimensions of the iPhone screen and the buttons are bigger to help navigate with your fingers. So, optimized websites are really more fun and easy to visit.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Maybe I'm in the few, but I HATE "iPhone" formatted websites. You tend to lose content and functionality of the website. I prefer being able to see the actual website... Otherwise, I might as well be using a flip phone, or a Treo or sorts.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Maybe I'm in the few, but I HATE "iPhone" formatted websites. You tend to lose content and functionality of the website. I prefer being able to see the actual website... Otherwise, I might as well be using a flip phone, or a Treo or sorts.
++

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I define an "iPhone ready site" as one that contains most/all of the content of the real site, but laid out in a graphically pleasing way that suits the iPhone, makes it easier to navigate, and takes less bandwidth (think EDGE here). Fox News is a perfect example.