iPhone refurb from AT&T

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
At first it surprised me that they could actually keep these things in stock. Especially with the 4 gig referb as cheap as it is. But after talking with several friends most pple seem to think that since its a referb and its cheap that its not worth it because its alleady ben damaged. If I had don my homework before I got my new OTB 8 gig I would have jumped on a cheaper referb for sure. They come with the same warranty. Y not?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
wonder if I can talk the wife in getting one now. She says she is happy with her $50 flip phones.. I keep telling her to get one.. We can have our stream on irovr lol and be icouples on eic

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Refurb simply means that the phone was returned for some reason...or that there was a problem that has been fixed by the manufacturer. The item (in this case, the iPhone) is sold not as new...but as a refurb...however, it is sold with the "brand new" warranty policies. Some companies only warranty items for 90 days, but Apple offers the same benefits as new products (as I understand it) and owners can buy the Apple Protection Plan just as they would for a "new" iPhone.

I just ordered one today and will be returning the one I bought on Friday once I get it all activated! :) Even with the 10% re-stocking fee on the one I bought on Friday, I'm saving $100! Always a good thing!

At first it surprised me that they could actually keep these things in stock. Especially with the 4 gig referb as cheap as it is. But after talking with several friends most pple seem to think that since its a referb and its cheap that its not worth it because its alleady ben damaged. If I had don my homework before I got my new OTB 8 gig I would have jumped on a cheaper referb for sure. They come with the same warranty. Y not?

morrison 73

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Wonder if the ATT refurbs go through the same treatment Apple applies to their own refurbs...ie cleaning, removing scratches ect.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
wonder if I can talk the wife in getting one now. She says she is happy with her $50 flip phones.. I keep telling her to get one.. We can have our stream on irovr lol and be icouples on eic
That would be sweet. I am planning on getting v2 and giving my current iPhone to my husband. But I do not know if he will be into coming on here or iRovr. He thinks I am geeky for hanging out here. lol

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I just saw this, now posted on the front page of this site :-þ

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I've been trying to get my gf one since the iPhone came out. I even offered to buy it for her! But for some reason she seems to love her blackberry curve.

Funny though, when she's bored in the car, or if I have to run in somewhere and she's waiting, I find her hopping on safari, playing iZoo, or Tris... :)

And what is this iRovr site you guys speak of? I just went and signed up...what have I been doing my whole life! lol

Add me: " overbo0st2k4 " !

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I just ordered one today and will be returning the one I bought on Friday once I get it all activated! :) Even with the 10% re-stocking fee on the one I bought on Friday, I'm saving $100! Always a good thing!
There's an AT&T iPhone refurb, for example! :p

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
It appears they are already out of the refurbs. They have been removed from AT&T's site.

Bummer, I was gonna buy one, activate it and sell my 16gb and pocket a lil money.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
ahhh that sucks...my brother was about to get one!

thanks for the update. :/