iPhone Release in Middle East

Joeleh

Jan 15, 2008
Does anybody know, have any idea or heard a rumour of when the iPhone will be released in the Middle East? Such places as Dubai, Abu Dhabi.

Feb 19, 2008
iPhone carrier!

When you begin to use your iPhone on Etisalat's GPRS system be VERY careful!
I've just got my bill for the last 2 months and I've been charged a staggering Dhs8,000 for my browsing and downloading, and believe me, I'm hardly on it. When questioned Etisalat's reply was that the iPhone is not supported by Etisalat (yet I can still use the network and be OVER charged for the privilege!) and if I want to use GPRS I should switch to a Blackberry!

Please use GPRS sparingly as iPhone users are being ripped off!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
like the new avatar.... more interesting then knowing when the iPhone hits the middle east...hahahah jk

or am i ?

Feb 19, 2008
Christ, if I'd have known this forum is overrun by morons I wouldn't have bothered signing up. Sort it out everythingicafe!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
what ? we are not morons..... we are cool....

you signed up at your own risk...

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Hondamaker & jjvaldez: what's wrong with you? Everythingicafe welcomes everyone. >2500 posts between you and you still can't muster being nice to a newbie?

Joeleh & babaganooshdubai: WELCOME and please ignore those comments. Plenty of great help to be found here. As to your question, I don't know when Apple will distribute to the Middle East. Hasn't been announced yet, unfortunately.

babaganooshdubai: just saw a documentary on The World. Wow. Have you seen it?

Cheers,

- K

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
wow seems like we have our first argument in some time... Anyway does the middle east have the tech support and all that stuff to support a phone as great as the iPhone... I bet edge would be like aol 2.0

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i didn't say anything wrong to him and i as not being mean either [i said jk]

i was simply making a point that he took a risk, just like everything in life is a risk, eating to many hamburgers, drinking to much soda, crossing the street at oncoming traffic, there are many risk in life that is all that i was saying...

[i am in no way apologizing, i'm just explaining what i was talking about]

i have been racially attacked here and the super mod didn't show up to that... the argument with this lasted a few pages, super mod shows up for this?

good stuff
god stuff.....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Welcome to EiC! I haven't heard any mention of a Middle East release yet. I can only tell you to follow the Apple web site and the web sites of your local providers.

Feb 19, 2008
Thanks

Appreciate the welcome (from some!). I just think that "who gives a crap" isn't particularly constructive from a forum where people are genuinely looking for advice on something we are all supposed to be passionate about...Mac stuff!

As for the World, I haven't seen it but, the fallout on an eco. structure sense is visible everyday, no fish, no shells, no life! Money, the fastest growing religion in the Middle East.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
from a forum where people are genuinely looking for advice on something we are all supposed to be passionate about...Mac stuff!
This ain't no stinkin Mac forum. They already got one or two of those. This is an iPhone forum and a dang good one at that. Hopefully the iPhone will be released in your area soon.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i got a admin pm telling me to be nice... so be nice yall or you will get one too...

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
yes, who gives a crap? Its the middle east.... Getting the iPhone is the least of those people's problems....
OJ is right they do have other things to worry about.. but on the other hand the iPhone might bring peace to that region..

iPhone = world peace

well maybe not but hey its worth a shot

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
oj that is true... welcome back..

and honda... didn't notice the genius status... congrats...