iPhone release in UK - anyone from uk in here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sweetice2007

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
man im soo looking forward to the details about the iPhone today at the conference in london! ive been googling the news to see whats happening...itll help me decide whether im going to get the phone imported or get an iPod touch...what do people recommend?

sweetice2007

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
yeah...sucks really since im working with 3g right now...im going to import it from the usa though and get it before november...

sweetice2007

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
im not willing to pay £269 for the phone and a further £35-£45 a month to o2 to get edge connection...id rather get a pay as u go sim and get the £5 add on for nternet usage its afr cheaper

BiGZeus

Sep 19, 2007
im from UK Cornwall :)

i have ever intention in buying the phone and as i am all ready a 02 customer tis all good for me :)

BiGZeus

Sep 19, 2007
when i contacted 02/carphone warehouse which is the company where i got my 1st phone they said as i have been a customer for many years they would cut the phone price down but £150 so about £110 for the phone which sounds great to me plus throw in few added accessories hell i have wanted this phone ever since it was released in the usa was a bit sad it wasn't released at the same time tbh but will be here soon it has a few problems like edge etc but there are plenty of free wifi to connect to plus there is 1 at my work and i have wireless net at home so im either at home or work :) so wont make a big problem for me so i cant wait just looking for all the tuts rdy to mod my phone if u have any links to these tuts that i might have missed feel free to post them ere anyway cya.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Disappointed. I had hoped that it would be 3G and at least have MMS added.

No use to me when I can get an iPod touch and my current phone is better suited for the UK.

Ah well. No point hanging about here then.

sweetice2007

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
thts what i thought..then i thought what the hell why pay £200 for a iPod touch wne i get the iPhone for roughly £100 more so i brought this instead..i know what you mean bout having a better suited phone..ive got a htc tytn and im also on 3 but oh well i don't mind to be honest