iPhone Repair Needed !

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Noticed this message on my iPhone last night & now I'm worried ! :eek:

iPhone Repair Needed !
Cannot receive or make outgoing calls at this time.
www.apple.com/support

The phone then had no service at all & sometimes froze or turned itself off. I hard restarted the phone a few times & all seemed fine but it came back another 2-3 times before I decided to take my sim out & use my other phone. As I needed the alarm I left it on throughout the night with no sim & it was fine with all the other functions working.
I have now put the sim back in this morning & haven't had it since (only been an hour mind !) but I'm getting increasingly worried that something is seriously wrong. :(
I'm running 1.1.4 fully ZiPhone unlocked.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
hmh.. that doesn't sound good. You might want to restore your phone. See if it continues to throw that error message. If it does, return that sucker.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Restore. Use it like that - stock - for a day or so and see if the error continues to show up. If it does not, go ahead and jailbreak and unlock again. If it does, however, take it to Apple and see what they can do for you.

- John

Gavo

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Liverpool
Funnily enough I've had my SIM in all morning and its been fine ... touch wood !
I think it all stemmed from getting some moisture in it as it absolutely poored down with heavy rain yesterday & I had it in my jeans pocket which were drenched ! :sick:

I'll monitor it throughout the day but I'm hoping it was a small glitch that has fixed itself :eek:

CIAgentx

Apr 9, 2008
I woke up one morning with that same message. I checked the website but there's nothing relevant pertaining to that "repair needed" message. When I went to the Apple Store, they all stared at it, with blank faces, then gave me a new phone.