iPhone repair/replace procedure

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

blackcat

Jul 16, 2007
I took my iPhone to the Apple Store as the bottom of the touch screen was non-responsive in the keyboard mode. The store sent it to Apple service for repair. My question: if they replace the phone instead of repair my existing phone as I have read they do in some cases, will I receive a new box with matching serial and IMEI numbers or do they just ship the phone alone? The store had me keep my original box and accessories.
Also, if they replace, do they use new or refurbished phones?(This one was purchased new)
If you've gone through this please let me know.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just sent mine in for service due to battery life probs. They sent me a new phone, and only the phone. Very quick turnaround too.

Personally, I think it's better to call the 800 number and ship it than it is to take it to the store.

blackcat

Jul 16, 2007
I just sent mine in for service due to battery life probs. They sent me a new phone, and only the phone. Very quick turnaround too.

Personally, I think it's better to call the 800 number and ship it than it is to take it to the store.
Thanks for the reply, I figure that's what will happen in my case also. I would have used the 800 service but I was hoping they would have exchanged it on the spot, no such luck though... They were out of loaners that evening, must have been a busy day. Fortunately they said it will be back to me by Friday.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
They did offer me a loaner...for $30.00 I said no thanks. Besides, the SIM works fine in my Nokia too.