iPhone replacement information needed

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
Just a curious one this.

I have a jailbroken and unlocked phone here in the UK.
If for any reason my phone needed replacing would Apple in the USA ask for my mobile number to prove activation before replacing?

I travel to the States 2-3 times a year and bought my phone in Florida last November.

Nothing (touch wood) has happened and hopefully won't but this has been on my mind a bit.

Thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm not sure about this, however, note that Apple will not cover, replace, or offer service on any phone that is jailbroken and/or unlocked.

- John

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
Thanks, i had read that but also have read about iPhone battery's being fried by chargers, car kits etc.

I am waiting on a new car radio adapter kit and a bit worried it may fry the battery and i'm stufed.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Thanks, i had read that but also have read about iPhone battery's being fried by chargers, car kits etc.

I am waiting on a new car radio adapter kit and a bit worried it may fry the battery and i'm stufed.

Why worry about the Apple in USA when you can exchange it in the UK?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't know about that. While the Apples in the US and UK are the same, US iPhones and UK iPhones are not the same.

- John

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
I hopefully won't need to replace it but agree that they might smell a rat if i bring it to a UK store when bought in the USA. I wonder if they can tell looking at it if it a UK or US model?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I hopefully won't need to replace it but agree that they might smell a rat if i bring it to a UK store when bought in the USA. I wonder if they can tell looking at it if it a UK or US model?
They probably cant tell just by looking at it; but they should be able to tell from the firmware version. I believe US & UK have different version #'s. If I'm wrong, I know someone cant wait to jump in to correct that. :laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
why can't you just tell them you bought it in the US?

If they ask how/why you're using it in the UK, just say you live in the US, but you're back for holiday or businesss or something.