iPhone: resale?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
let's say in six months the second gen iPhone does come out and I want to buy it and sell this iPhone to a friend for like half price of 250$ but I want to keep my sim card...do you think it will be possible to take this sim card out and put it in the new iPhone? Is it even possible to get the sim card out of the iPhone?

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
you can take out the sim card, I'm not sure if it would work on another iPhone, since you need to activate the phone so You can actually do anything on it. Most likely you just do the process with the a new sim card and just click existing costumer and replace your same iPhone number.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Yes you can swapped out Sim Cards. Stick a paper clip in the small hole and the Sim Tray will come out.

As for selling it, my daughter can have mine as soon as a 3G one comes out. She loves watching Dora on it and at 28months she does a very good job operating the iPhone.

For the people that are about to say something about that, it's just a phone. It can be replaced.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Man thats great. I was the same way when I was younger. Learning new tech. at such a young age is great. To them its normal but to others its amazing.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
you can take out the sim card, I'm not sure if it would work on another iPhone, since you need to activate the phone so You can actually do anything on it. Most likely you just do the process with the a new sim card and just click existing costumer and replace your same iPhone number.
Once connected to iTunes it will be automaticly activated.