iPhone restarts and syncs multiple times while charging

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Recently my iPhone will restart in the middle of a charging session and often times acts as if it keeps reconnecting to the computer in which case it wants to sync every 3-5 minutes while charging. Anyone have this issue or know a quick fix? Thanks!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Sounds like the USB cable might be bad. Have you tried another?

Joe

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I agree with Quake. If it is only happening while charging I would try a new cable or plug into a different USB port.

Iphonelvr

Jan 2, 2009
Me too!

Recently my iPhone will restart in the middle of a charging session and often times acts as if it keeps reconnecting to the computer in which case it wants to sync every 3-5 minutes while charging. Anyone have this issue or know a quick fix? Thanks!
My phone also does this periodically, but my usb cable is fine

kenani

Dec 19, 2008
My phone also does this periodically, but my usb cable is fine
I have the same problem with my iPhone 3G, when i charge it, it starts restarting . Sometimes the infos about imei, iccid and modem firmware are not present. When this happens then it goes in to search for network and needs to be restarted. I don't know what is happening with my iPhone, he is acting like crazy. Hope to find the cure for him. :)

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I'm not sure if you are on a mac or pc, but on my mac, when this happens, I have to reboot the computer and everything then will sync properly. This doesn't happen often but when it does a reboot is the only thing that I can find to help. I researched this issue on the Apple support forums and found the reboot answer.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I tried a new cable and so far that hasn't happened again but I also just rebootted my computer (PC) so it may have been just a reboot issue as Sele mentioned. I'll try the other cable again today and see if indeed that cable has problems. Its the cable that came with the Apple bluetooth that allows you to plug both the phone and bluetooth in to charge.

Apr 15, 2011
My new iPhone4 started doing this, but only when connected to a car charger. Rebooted every 5 minutes and charged very slowly. I could use the car clock and literally count down to within 4 seconds of when it would reboot. Car charger was old iPod FM transmitter/charger. When I swapped out the USB-to-iphone cable with the one that came with the phone it worked. Swapped the old one back in and now it works. I suspect a bad cable or poor USB connection.
The charger shows green LED with no phone connected, and alternated between redish orange and green when things were funky. Now LED is steady red/orange with either cable when phone is connected.

I wonder if there's some reboot protection built into the phone is the supply power source isn't "stable"?!?! I figure with a repeated 5:00 minute interval, the timing has to be due to the phone and even using the same charger parts, it works fine after reseating the USB connection. Pure speculation on my part.