iPhone restore on different computer

Aug 16, 2008
ok so i lie its not on a different computer but its the same thing. so here is the story. today i went to the Apple store to get my phone replaced because the top 1/2 inch of the screen was not working what so ever. i take it in got it replaced with a NEW phone (first gen 8gb) now im at home and have no idea how to get the contents of the other phone on this one. it says its not compatiable which i think is because its not the same serial # and such. does anyone know how to get the backup i have of my other phone on this one now? is there any 3rd party help (doubt it Apple sux for that) or what should i be doing?

thanks for any help.

Aug 16, 2008
i did do a search for those who might tell me to do so but it was successful. sorry

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
You have to restore it with the computer that it is synced with.. You can delete all the contents of the iPhone from the previous computer it is currently synced with by syncing it with the computer you are using and it should be a fairly simple restore from there.

Aug 16, 2008
its a new phone... on the same computer. i synced it as if it was a new phone i also tried it before i put it as a new phone. i try to restore it with the information on the old phone it does not work (gives error above). i do not have the old phone anymore.

hope that makes it clearer. i cant get my old settings and info on the new phone b/c of the error. how do i get around it?

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Set up an appointment with the Apple store for tomorrow and explain your problem and if its a laptop you're syncing with, bring the computer. Explain the problem and if its really not working, they will either replace it or do something else to help you. I'm not sure what else to say considering restoring hasn't done anything for you. Hope this helps.