iPhone review: Apple please quit being dictators!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dvdgal

Oct 10, 2007
Apple has been cool since they invented iPod. Always maintained a good image: hip and cool. But now, I think they are ruining their success with their strategies toward iPhone. Here are the things that Apple has been so wrong (pls feel free to add more):

1. Enforce people to buy custom ringtones from their iTune... (wassup?) On the top of the fact that iTune doesn’t provide every songs every users want... seriously, it's a big joke. If you don’t have such a big head, pls quit wearing such a huge hat. Apple, you look stupid on this issue.

2. disable people to install 3rd party applications. Apple... you think you have written the best applications in the world, but apparently millions of people complaint about your application's lack of abilities everyday over forums. If you are not user friendly, pls don’t expect you will be the best seller.

3. Apple, what kinda people are you targeting to be your potential customers? People just wanna have a simple phone or gadget lovers? If it's the former, iPhone is way too complicated (with a laughable camera doesn’t even have flash and zoom) and way too expensive. If you are targeting gadget lovers, then do you know what is "hot" to us? CUSTOMIZATION!

4. Apple, you have huge ego... Don’t try to piss people off. We can live without iPod/iTune/iPhone. This is America, a country, which praises freedom; and you are trying to be a "dictator"? Sighing... not only you are making your company looks stupid, but you are also thinking customers are stupid, too? You have no right to stop people from improving your imperfectional device!

5. Lastly, not only you wanna be a "dictator", but you are also helping ATT to imprison customers with crappy EDGE for 2 years? Seriously, are you trying to create a device to improve our lives or exercising your pleasure by giving us misery?

Before I purchased my iPhone, I thought this phone looks really cool. Now, I'm telling my friends not to buy it because it's not worth it. Fortunately, my company paid for my phone and monthly fees. However, I don’t mind to pay $300 to get out of the contract if the situation with iPhone does not improve soon. You don’t even have everything for iTune/iPhone setup and ready yet. Why are you blocking people from customizing it for? I don’t mind to pay for good quality service and apps within a reasonable range, but you don’t have them existing for sale now. Is your ego like a big tumor preventing you from functioning well? Steve Jobs, you know better than me about businesss. Indeed, you are a successful man, but why do you think making your customer angry and unsatisfied would help your company making money?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Drive by trolling/10.
The apple-iphone basher has landed. Again.

Even if the iPhone didn't upgrade for 2 years, I'd still love it.
This is the best handheld device I've ever owned. It even works as a contraceptive as I'd rather play with it at bedtime. So, Conan O'Brien was partly right!
The thing is, it will upgrade. First, webapps will come out. Eventually, 3rd party apps will too, but only after they've been tested and shown not to cause major problems with the iPhone's functions.
I can't wait, ...but I can. I'm sure we'll be surprised soon enough.
Meanwhile, I can enjoy it just the way it is. Apple never stagnates for long. Something's coming up. It always does.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Does this guy work for CNN or The New York Times or what? Nokia?... Whatever!
umm....akophone. I believe that "dvdgal" would be a female. :p

and..when did "imperfectional" become a word? lol

But in all fairness to the OP, this is her "review" and/or opinion of the iPhone, placed here in the General Discussion thread. I'd say she has as much right to her opinion and to place her own review here as any of the rest of us have the right to voice our own opinions (without getting flamed too badly).

Jun 29, 2007
That's just it though - it's NOT a review of the iPhone. It's just a rant against Apple.
I agree, but, it's justified. The OP might "Not have" read on and expected his/her complaints (just speculation), but i did. I knew what i was getting into, though now, i am starting to realize just how much hassle of owning this phone.

To the OP, first post and already ranting/bashing on the iPhone? Very very suspicious.....

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
That's just it though - it's NOT a review of the iPhone. It's just a rant against Apple.
Well, you called it a "rant". I called it "her review and/or opinion". At least she didn't go into a "modding" thread and begin to criticize modding. My point was, this is general discussion, where this kind of thing has a "place", IMHO. After all, I don't think that Apple is some sacred cow that everybody ought to be afraid to ever speak against. :p

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
At least she put in the dictator comment in the title. Now come on, with a title like that, don't tell me you clicked on this thread just because you wanted to read a review. I'll bet ypu knew what you were getting into when you clicked the link, just wanted an argument.

I thought her post was a pretty good summary. She had me until imperfectional. LOL what a funny word.

Now you have to admit the point #3 is a great one. The phone charms the wrong people if Apple wants to maintain so much control.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
At least she put in the dictator comment in the title. Now come on, with a title like that, don't tell me you clicked on this thread just because you wanted to read a review. I'll bet ypu knew what you were getting into when you clicked the link, just wanted an argument.

I thought her post was a pretty good summary. She had me until imperfectional. LOL what a funny word.
Well irregardlessness of that word, I kinda liked the rant/review. :p

But seriously, I agree that with "quit being a dictator!" in the subject you can't claim you were surprised by the content therein.

--
Mike

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Well irregardlessness of that word, I kinda liked the rant/review. :p
LOL no offense intended there Mike but speaking of made up words, "irregardless" isn't a real word.

I'm just yankin yer chain. LOL But look it up. Not a real word.

I liked the rant too.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
LOL no offense intended there Mike but speaking of made up words, "irregardless" isn't a real word.

I'm just yankin yer chain. LOL But look it up. Not a real word.
Believe it or not irregardless is now in many dictionaries. It's even in the dictionary used by the this forum's software as a correct spelling.

But I don't actually use it: I was being sarcastic and spelled it "irregardlessness." I'm guessing you missed the "ness" part. :cool::cool::cool:

--
Mike

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Believe it or not irregardless is now in many dictionaries. It's even in the dictionary used by the this forum's software as a correct spelling.
Yeah, dumbing down of the English langauge is an epidemic. Most (good) dictionaries call the word "Non-standard."
But I don't actually use it: I was being sarcastic and spelled it "irregardlessness." I'm guessing you missed the "ness" part. :cool::cool::cool:
Actually, I was wondering if you might have been purposefully clever choosing this word.