iPhone ringer switch

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
is it just me or the ringer switch turns the phone silent when i don't want it to. I have the phone in my pocket and i feel the phone vibrate, i take it out thinking its a text message and i see that the ringer switch just turned off.
It does not happen all the time, but it gets quite annoying.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
is it just me or the ringer switch turns the phone silent when i don't want it to. I have the phone in my pocket and i feel the phone vibrate, i take it out thinking its a text message and i see that the ringer switch just turned off.
It does not happen all the time, but it gets quite annoying.
By a case. My incase one adds more of like a platform around it so things can't easily move it up or down.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
By a case. My incase one adds more of like a platform around it so things can't easily move it up or down.
thats good for you that you have a case. I don't like cases and i think the iPhone was made to work without one so anyone else without cases having this issue?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
thats good for you that you have a case. I don't like cases and i think the iPhone was made to work without one so anyone else without cases having this issue?
That's...dumb. Even Apple makes iPhone cases and they made the product.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I think you should check out another iPhone and see if your button is a lot looser. There is no way mine would switch by itself. I have to apply a decent amount of pressure to switch it.