iPhone + Running chip

Jastles

Jan 6, 2008
Wondering if the iPhone will work or is going to work with the nike jogging chip? I know it works with the ipod nano for now... Thanks.

Jastles

Jan 6, 2008
I might just buy it for my nano but I would definitely buy if it works with an iPhone. Looks like a neat gadget. Plus you buy this pouch for any shoe. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MGL6FK/ref=cm_rdp_product_img I heard something about them only working with the nano (not other ipods) because it's a flash drive. Which makes me think it should work with an iPhone since it's a flash drive. Maybe all it needs is a new software update.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm not one to generally revive older threads, but I really wish Apple would support Nike + iPhone. I'm fine using my Nike + Nano, but I already carry my phone on my runs - and truly having an "all-inclusive" device is very appealing to me. I wonder if this can be addressed in the SDK - since the Nano and iPhone use the same connector?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this looks lke good news... got this from the Apple web site

Nike
“With support for Exchange ActiveSync in this new iPhone release, Apple is offering a plug-and-play enterprise solution," said Roland Paanakker, vice president and CIO Nike. "We already have Nike employees using iPhones, and now look forward to deploying more iPhones across our businesss.”

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/03/06iPhone.html

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
That article was last year, so you never know about right now. Anyway, Nike makes the crappiest running shoes. Pros and amateurs alike will tell you that. Hopefully there will be a chip that can be used with any brand of running shoe.
I like Nike's running shoe. Particularly their "Free" line. I'm personally not a Shox person, but I've heard some decent things about the higher models. I just recently got Nike + Free Everydays, and I like them a lot compared to my New Balances.