iPhone Safari access

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Today I needed to forward email from my me account to my work email.
Well work has me blocked so i couldnt get to it from my desktop at work.
So I thought I will just forward it from my phone. Well my service sucks where I am at and it would time out before it sent the attachments.
I have this brilliant idea that I will get on Safari and send it from the me site itself since it wont have to transfer that much data I could do that.
I get to me and there is no way to log onto the actual site. It says that I can access my email ect. though the email client on the phone.
Luckily I had that mail at Gmail as well and was able to forward it from there.
Anyway long story just to say, why cant we get on me from mobile safari?

TagsxA

Jun 26, 2008
Today I needed to forward email from my me account to my work email.
Well work has me blocked so i couldnt get to it from my desktop at work.
So I thought I will just forward it from my phone. Well my service sucks where I am at and it would time out before it sent the attachments.
I have this brilliant idea that I will get on Safari and send it from the me site itself since it wont have to transfer that much data I could do that.
I get to me and there is no way to log onto the actual site. It says that I can access my email ect. though the email client on the phone.
Luckily I had that mail at Gmail as well and was able to forward it from there.
Anyway long story just to say, why cant we get on me from mobile safari?
I was wondering the same thing... Anyone out there know of a way to get it to bypass the recognition of you being on an iPhone when accessing the page?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
my guess would be that me.com is too powerful for mobile safari
even though Apple claims the iPhone can browse just like a real computer, it actually cant (ie no plugins and not as powerful)