iPhone Safari browser about to be dethroned?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It's a very impressive browser, especially compared to the steaming pile of .... that is Pocket IE. But I agree with geordisjd, it is very ugly. Look and feel is not nice, and it was all stylus-driven in the demo, because of tiny little buttons etc. - all of that side of it is not very impressive ....

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
What would owners of that phone do if they would lose the pointy stick? I sorry it is not as user friendly as the iPhone.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Oh God.

Some of you need to get your head out of your backsides. Firstly, it's a browser, not a phone so you'll be able to stick it on any WM and - it looks like - S60 device later on. Secondly you can customise browsers with CSS sheets so they can look as good as you want.

This rocks. Apple had better start being nice to Adobe but I'm going to bet it doesn't get Flash. Jesus, it still doesn't even have copy and paste!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oh God.

Some of you need to get your head out of your backsides. Firstly, it's a browser, not a phone so you'll be able to stick it on any WM and - it looks like - S60 device later on. Secondly you can customise browsers with CSS sheets so they can look as good as you want.

This rocks. Apple had better start being nice to Adobe but I'm going to bet it doesn't get Flash. Jesus, it still doesn't even have copy and paste!

If you google "I hate Macs", you'll get hundreds of hits. Articles, videos, even blogs where your inner PC-person can express himself freely in the company of like-minded individuals. It might be less frustrating than listening to people who are quite happy with their apple-related stuff.

And no swearing...

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
If you google "I hate Macs", you'll get hundreds of hits. Articles, videos, even blogs where your inner PC-person can express himself freely in the company of like-minded individuals. It might be less frustrating than listening to people who are quite happy with their apple-related stuff.

And no swearing...
Your village called. They miss you.

Now hush, adults are talking.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Whining is a prerogative of children, you can't fool anybody.
Plenty of adults whine, kid. Like your constant "omg its ugly LOL1!1" about anything un-Apple.

I'd go into more detail but you're too stupid to understand and too boring to be bothered with.

Toodles.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Looks like the actually browsing is just as good and the flash is much needed but what sets the iPhone apart is the interface is much more desktop like while this browser's interface looks like any other mobile browser. And most importantly the iPhone's full sized keyboard supporting potrait & landscape. Close but no cigar!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
That phone is ugly.

Not having flash for now does not bother me that much. It will come eventually, then I will celebrate.

I still do not understand complaining about what the iPhone doesn't have...blah blah...none of us bought it blind.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
That phone is ugly.

Not having flash for now does not bother me that much. It will come eventually, then I will celebrate.

I still do not understand complaining about what the iPhone doesn't have...blah blah...none of us bought it blind.
Well I was under the impression when I bought mine that it would be improved over time. And well it has, mobile iTunes store, multiple sms, improved ipod controls, ability to move icons...

but the major things ppl want: mms, video recording, copy and paste, flash support--have all gone unfixed for over 6 months.

--i don't want to give the impression that I don't like or enjoy my iPhone. I do, but its frustrating that these holes are left in the device that could be easily filled.