iPhone Screen Clock

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by topcat84, Aug 26, 2017.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!
    A friend of mine has an Android phone that even when it's in lock mode, the date and time is displayed without having to activate anything. Is there any app that would provide my iPhone 7+ with that feature? Thanks in advance.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There are clock apps you can set to show the time. Many use those while asleep. But that's different from what you refer. You can use the "raise to wake" feature, where as soon as you raise the phone, it shows the lock screen. But to answer your question, no, there's no app that does that.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Wouldn't want an app that would do that anyway. It would probably run the battery down a lot quicker, even at minimum brightness. Raise to wake is the way to go.

4. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the info, guys!! That's what I thought. I have the Raise To Wake enabled, but sometimes if I'm doing something and have it sitting on a table, etc., it would be nice to see the time. Guess I just need to wear my watch more often, huh? Cheers!!

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I don't understand how the screen would be "Always On" without the screen's backlight being turned on. Even if the backlight is on at a minimal level, it is using power from the battery and therefore must impact battery life in some measure.