iPhone screen dim

Mar 19, 2009
Does anyone know why my iPhone 2nd generation screen is dim, also it doesn't start up correctly anymore, instead of just turning on the wallpaper screen when turned on, it goes to a grey screen with an Apple showing. It stays on this grey screen for a while, then goes black and turns off. The programs all work correctly, phone works correctly. I've only had the phone 3 months. I went into settings and changed the brightness back and forth, makes no difference. Also rebooted, went into iTunes and removed and reloaded all my programs and reloaded factory settings. HELP

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
when you said removed and reloaded all programs and factory settings do you mean restored? if you haven't restored i would do this first. if that doesn't help call up Apple and make an appointment, if what you are describing is true they should replace your iPhone as it is defective and under warranty still.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I will bet you an Apple store will know what's wrong with it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with Pepe. Make sure you fully restore in iTunes as a new iPhone. If this doesn't do the trick then I think the Apple store will be the best bet.