iPhone screen issue?

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I noticed that when my phone is turned off, on the right side of the screen you can see this burnt looking line which is about an inch in length. When I turn on the phone, it looks like a faded white line whenever I have something with a black background up which is a majority of the time.

What I was wondering is if anyone else has encountered this problem with their iPhone screen? The touch screen still functions great, I can still see things well, but I can still notice it.

I have the original 1 year warranty, plus I bought Apple Care to extend it an extra year, do you think this is something that is covered under the warranty?

I'm going to try calling the Apple Store here on my day off, I'm hoping it's something they can either repair under the warranty and can give me a refurb phone or my phone back repaired.

I was just curious if anyone has heard of this or has had issues with it. The phone itself functions great, it's just that cosmetic issue and I know a lot of people have taken phone backs for missing 1 pixel.

It's not a big issue, it just bugs me whenever I notice it. That and I also notice these two little clear dots on the screen when the screen is off and not lit up. They are just these two little clear dots which look like they are under the screen. That's the 2nd issue I've noticed with the screen, aside from the one I listed first in this post.

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
here's a picture of what it looks like, not the greatest picture but notice the faded white line on the right side.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I would take it back if it's not absolutely perfect. If the defects are clearly visible, Apple will exchange it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
With out a doubt, take it back yesterday. You will most likely get a refurb, but they are just like new.

Return_of_the_Mac

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
took to the Apple Genius Bar today, they asked me if I had left it sitting in the dash of my car because they said they generally see this happen to screens when owners do that. I explained to him that I hadn't, but I imagine the 115 degree weather in Phoenix, can't be good for any electronics in general. But I always carry it inside my pocket, I wouldn't leave it inside my car like that.

End of story though, they gave me a new iPhone which so far works great. I'm not sure if its a refurb, but as long as the screen looks great, I could care less.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
took to the Apple Genius Bar today, they asked me if I had left it sitting in the dash of my car because they said they generally see this happen to screens when owners do that. I explained to him that I hadn't, but I imagine the 115 degree weather in Phoenix, can't be good for any electronics in general. But I always carry it inside my pocket, I wouldn't leave it inside my car like that.

End of story though, they gave me a new iPhone which so far works great. I'm not sure if its a refurb, but as long as the screen looks great, I could care less.
Good deal! BTW refurbs are just as good if not better than a new phone.