iPhone screen problem.

rhys_k

Aug 31, 2009
Hi woke up yesterday and my iPhone 3G's screen had gone half white and the image underneath was just visible. I think it had fallen off the bedside table as it was on the floor. I was wondering if it was just a loose connection (the LCD and the digitizer aren't cracked and still both work) or has something else happened?
I would be very grateful for any advise,
Thanks.

Picture;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41996908@N07/3873502511/

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Try a hard reset by holding down the power button and the home button until it resets.

If not, then i'd try a restore to see if that fixes it.

rhys_k

Aug 31, 2009
Tried both not working, i think it might be a hardware problem and not software. I'm not sure whether to open it(which i have done before) to see if the connector is loose or whether to send it to be repair but then they could turn around and say a whole bunch of things need repairing when the actually don't, AAAAAH, I hate it when things like this happen.:mad:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When you took it apart, did you void your warranty?

If not then take it into an Apple store. Just make sure it's restored so there's no jailbreak.

rhys_k

Aug 31, 2009
Slight problem there, jailbroken and bought on ebay 9 months ago

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Slight problem there, jailbroken and bought on ebay 9 months ago
Restore it to factory settings. You should still be able to take the phone to Apple. As it's one of there devices, they should replace it.

You never know, a fresh restore may help, but from the looks of things it's probably down to hardware.

rhys_k

Aug 31, 2009
No need to worry anymore, decided not to wait any longer and opened it up(almost ripped it apart in the process) and it was just a loose connection and is fully working again now, thanks for all your help anyway. ;):)