iPhone screens suck!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphonescreensuck, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Iphonescreensuck

Iphonescreensuck New Member

On the positive side I do love the iPhone. Best phone I have ever had aside from serious issue of the screen. I have now had a total of 3 iPod touch's and 3 iPhone's. I have replaced 3 screens now. Most recently I purchased an Outter box Defender so that I would not run into the same problem. In the past I had only a cheaper case. Purchasing a $65 case apparently could not protect my screen from cracking. I dropped my phone again, barely a mark on my case, the iPhone looks great with the exception of a shattered screen. With my frustration, I visit the Apple store. Yes, I know it is my fault for dropping the phone. I did however take every reasonable approach to protect my cell. The expert at the store said there is nothing Apple can do. I can have my screen repaired there for $170. REALLY? I can go down the hall to the kiosk and their staff will fix my phone again for $120. Why does Apple charge so much for repairs when it can be done for $50 chepaer and fixed equally as well? The manufacturer should be able to fix their product for the lowest price, no? My point is this, I have had tons of different phones, BB Bold, Pearl, Galaxy, CrZr and more...I have dropped them many times, but it does not break the phone in any way when I do. I have spent well over $2400 on Apple products, not including screen replacements. For heaven sake, stand by your product, improve the screen and value your customers. Next phone purchase I make, will be something as comparable to iPhone with more durability. Recommendations appreciated.

#1 Iphonescreensuck, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You seem to be as unlucky as Illusion, perhaps buying a lanyard for your iPhone would thereforee stop you from dropping it and cracking the screen.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Poster even chose a user name to go with his thread. Hmm...

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

In the words of... err..you. 'Spider Sense Tingling!'

5. Iphonescreensuck

Yes...when creating my password it did not like my first choice and because I was feeling so frustrated with the screen it was a natural choice. It is my one an only complaint about the phone. To me it is a big deal. I know so many people who have had similar experiences and they just quietly go and fix their phones. If I was the creater of iPhone's (Apple of course) I would want to know how to improve the product. Happy customers = better profit.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've had every single iPhone to date (expect the 4S) and I have dropped them from time to time. I have never broken an iPhone's screen. I know many other people who haven't broken their iPhone's screen either. You seem to be unlucky, or you might just need to be a little more self-aware of the precious piece of glass in your pocket.

7. Iphonescreensuck

You are very lucky and I am happy for you. I realized after breaking my screens the first two times that I should get a better case and I did. The Outter Box defender is one of the best out there. The Apple guy suggested it fell at a week point which caused the break. I am obviously disappointed in the case as well as it was a total fail.

8. psylichon

psylichon Genius

The screens are fragile, but I don't think it's a design flaw of the iPhone per say. I think all large screen smartphones have this vulnerability. The major design weakness of the iPhone 4/s is the glass back. I think that's why Apple will generally replace them for free one time.

I've had 3 versions of iPhones, dropped them all from time to time, and so far have been lucky using cheap cases. You just need to be more careful. If you imagine that you payed the full, unsubsidized price for the it (>$600), it helps.

9. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I think Apple's doing just fine on the profit front. It seems to me that instead of whining about how fragile a phone screen is y0u would be better served figuring how to take better care of your kit.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've had several iPhones and never cracked a screen. Clean livin', I guess.