iPhone SDK Rumored to Be Delayed 1-3 Weeks

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It appears Apple is not going to meet their deadline for the iPhone software development kit. As of now, the iPhone SDK is being delayed 1-3 weeks. I wonder why the hold up?

Last edited:

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
They will probably just keep saying that they are releasing the SDK in hopes that people won't jailbreak their phones...

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
ugh! I wana be able to have a kewl, customized iPhone w/o having to jailbreak!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Well if it is delayed we better get copy paste, mms, flash all at once...along with a new home screen theme damn I hate waiting

Nov 24, 2007
Well if it is delayed we better get copy paste, mms, flash all at once...along with a new home screen theme damn I hate waiting
calm down iPhonetony, we'll be luckly if we get one of thoses

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Thank you! I couldn't agree more.

I find this rumor hard to believe, I've heard on other sites that the SDK is already ready to be sent out... and that was a week and a half ago. but we'll see, I seriously hope Apple doesn't delay the SDK, I've been waiting for a LONG time for this.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
well i didn't really believe that they were delaying with the news some places that SDK is already down etc..., but the delayed event sounds pretty conclusive to me about a later release for SDK. Damn.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
If this is to be true then its exactly why developers should not give dates they cannot commit to.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I am guessing that the rumors that the SDK was sent out to some developers before release was true. Businessweek was saying something about iTunes not being ready for it, which leads me to believe that when there was release news of the SDK Stevo wanted to be able to say at the same time "and look at all the kewl apps you can buy via iTunes, this is just a sample of what is to come!". If iTunes was not ready it would be something he could not pitch at the same time. Maybe.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thanks Chris for the update. I for one, am not worried in the least. I'm jailbroken and loving it. And until they offer the same apps I'm using now, I will not be pressed to update any further than 1.1.3.
Besides, Tueday for me is when my maximo headphones arrive. ( review to follow) That's enough excitement right there. :cool: