iPhone serial number

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I'm selling my iPhone but my serial# the original box that I purchased it is different that what is says in my phone under general>about>serial#.....I have i unlocked and jailbroken did that do it? Thanks

I just noticed it tonight..........I purchased it at the Apple store almost 6 months ago.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Here is the simple answer for you....

Look on the back of your phone and compare that to you box and in your General tab inside the phone. If the IMEI in your General/About/Serial# does not match the outside of your phone, you need to use ZiPhone to make it match you phone, not the box. If you bought it new, the serial# on the back of your phone should match the box anyways.

Note; intentionally altering your IMEI is a Federal Crime punishable up to 5 years in prison. No matter what the box says, make sure the serial# on the back of the phone matches your General/About/Serial#.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Here is the simple answer for you....

Look on the back of your phone and compare that to you box and in your General tab inside the phone. If the IMEI in your General/About/Serial# does not match the outside of your phone, you need to use ZiPhone to make it match you phone, not the box. If you bought it new, the serial# on the back of your phone should match the box anyways.

Note; intentionally altering your IMEI is a Federal Crime punishable up to 5 years in prison. No matter what the box says, make sure the serial# on the back of the phone matches your General/About/Serial#.
Ok thanks my serial# and ImEI# on the back of my phone matches what is in the general>about tab but my box doesn't match and I bought it new at an Apple store.....strange .....so I should be fine then everything matches

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Ok thanks my serial# and ImEI# on the back of my phone matches what is in the general>about tab but my box doesn't match and I bought it new at an Apple store.....strange .....so I should be fine then everything matches
Yes, you should be okay.