iPhone showing old emails instead of recent

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
For some reason my iPhone 3G is showing the first 100 emails I have ever received instead of recent emails on my Yahoo account. However, pushed emails seem to stay on top where it is suppose to be.

I have tried restarting my phone and also tried setting up Yahoo email again but I still have the same problem.

Anybody got a solution or some other ideas?

Thanks

jmido8

Nov 8, 2008
There is probably a setting in there that lets you view emails by the most recent. Try searching for that.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I tried searching for that but the only sorting options are by name, not receive date.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
What happens on you computer when you access your email?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I tried searching for that but the only sorting options are by name, not receive date.
Are you talking about on the Yahoo! mail or on the iPhone. I went to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calender>Show. Then select how many you want to show.
That is bizarre though. My Yahoo! account is working fine for me.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
it's only on my iPhone, Yahoo mail on my computer works perfectly fine.

I'm not talking about how many messages it shows, but the order. It's showing emails from 2 years ago where it's suppose to be showing recent emails.

wahine220

Nov 11, 2008
I am having this same problem with my paid Hotmail account. Very frustrating. The setting is for the most recent messages; not the oldest messages.