iPhone shows shows a cord and iTunes emblem?

Apr 21, 2008
Okay, my phone will charge via AC and computer but once it hits a sufficient battery life it shows a cord and iTunes emblem on my screen showing that I need to plug it into iTunes, but iTunes still can't find my phone, nor can my computer! What should I do?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
do u have the latest virsion of iTunes? You should check for updates. Also have u tried shuting down and restarting the comp? Also maybe try using another comp.

Apr 21, 2008
I'll try all of that real quick and come back and let you know what happens, thanks.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
oh andone more thing.... Check the USB cable. I've seen it be a cable problem before and only after hours of software tinkering did they realize it was simply the cable.

Apr 21, 2008
still no luck, I even tried a different cord.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Do a restore on your phone. HOld the Lock and Home buttons down for 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Then plug it into iTunes. It should be recognized then.

Apr 21, 2008
I'm sorry, I lacked to mention that my home button does not work at all. Like seriously I can hit it one million times but no response. =/ I don't know what to do.

Apr 21, 2008
Do a restore on your phone. HOld the Lock and Home buttons down for 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Then plug it into iTunes. It should be recognized then.
Okay I did that ^^ exactly as you said but when the phone turns back on as it's plugged in it shows a cord pointing to the iTunes symbol and it just stays there, and the iPhone won't show up in iTunes either? :(

Apr 21, 2008
it will work when i hold the power button down and the home button, but won't work when i'm using the phone powered on? the phone charges but the bar indicator that shows it's charging never shows up, and i can put it into restore mode but my computer never picks it up. i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, installing older versions of iTunes, computer restarts, and using other computers. i don't know what to do, any suggestions?