iPhone - Shuts Off and Reboots

deadprez

Mar 5, 2008
Hey guys, when I put the iPhone in standby mode, to preserve my battery life, it has been shutting off on me and making me reboot the iPhone every time, know this has been happening since I used a car charger? Did I fry something, is there a solution, I was on 1.02 when this started happening so over the weekend i upgraded to 1.14, has not helped, Is there anyone who might know the cause of the problem, the only way i can keep my iPhone running is to keep my auto lock to "Never"

I would greatly appreciate your feedback...

deadprez

Mar 5, 2008
oooooooooooooooooooooo, well it might take me a while to get down there...lol, i live in canada, so might not be possible for me to get down there.

babeto

Feb 25, 2008
I live in the Dominican Republic so I can't go to the Apple Store cause I have an Unlocked phone. Any ideas on how to fix it besides going to the Apple store? :S

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This was happening to my iPhone and I found out what was making it happen. Every time i would unlock the phone to use it, it would try to connect to a wifi connection and thats when it would happen. It would reboot by itself. I never found a solution but they did replace it at the Apple store.

Babeto, mira a ver si tu puedes apagar la connecion wifi y mira a ver si sigue pasando.

babeto

Feb 25, 2008
JPTOLIFE, Thanks for the info about the Wifi, but i turned it off and it kept happening. I've had this iPhone for about 2 months now and haven't been able to use it because of this. It's really frustrating. I just have it laying around in my house. Is there something else I could try before throwing it to the garbage? :S