iPhone Signal Up and Drop Variation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GX1

Aug 14, 2007
As anyone notice that the signal changes. The signal is up then down. It does does this anytime. Even in excellent areas that has full bar signals.:(

Anyone?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
As anyone notice that the signal changes. The signal is up then down. It does does this anytime. Even in excellent areas that has full bar signals.:(

Anyone?
I get really bad service in some areas (always the same ones) that should have good service (metropolitan). Barely 1 bar or 2 show up, the I get "failed calls" over and over. Frustrating.

srq2msp

Aug 27, 2007
Drops bad!

I just spent an hour on the phone with Apple and At&T because of this. It was going from 5 bars to 2 bars to no service, jump back up and drop off to no service again. All this while I wasn't moving. When I called the Apple rep my call was cracking and dropping while I was outside in the open.
They told me to take the phone back to the AT&T store to get a new one. I hope it works better than this one.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Seems to be the standard for me with cingular/att (been with them for 4 years now). Will go from one bar to 5 in a matter of 5 seconds then stay at 5 bars for 30 minutes or more then do the same thing. Its just an annoyance and unless it happens while youre on the phone it doesn't effect much. Even when i'm on a call at the time it happens it only for 5 seconds anyway--worst case a dropped call and i have to call back.

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I have noticed the same problem. The phone is sitting on the table and the signal bars go from 5 to 1... 4 to none..... none back to 5 bars... I called AT&T and their rep told me it is quite common because it's a radio signal and anything in the path of the signal can cause it to change even tree branches...I don't buy that... I have never had that type of problem with any other wireless carrier.