iPhone SIM card

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Hi,
Couple weeks ago my son put my iPhone in the water and to make a story short, it does not work any more and too expensive to fix it.

Now, I have my sim card (Fido) that came with the iPhone and Im looking to buy an iPhone (Fido) from a friend . The big question is that if I would have any problems putting my sim card in this his iPhone and activate it in iTunes?

Please help, and thank you very much in advance.

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply. You just made my night. I have been lost without my iPhone.

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
I have another question related to the same thing. If putting my sim in another iPhone of the same carrier is not a problem, should I trust someone that I don't know to sell me an iPhone without activating it in iTunes first to make sure things are ok?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I wouldn't trust them, they have to at least show you that you can see the home screen! If not it could be a brick.

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply. So, if I put my sim card in another iPhone, would it say that I need to activate it in iTunes and not show me the home screen? or would I see the home screen without being able to use it until it is activated?