iPhone SIM in a 3G phone

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I sold my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and I am about to order a Nokia N95 to use until the 3G iPhone is released. Will I be able to get 3G internet using my sim card? I only have the iPhone data plan on my account.

Anybody here ever use their iPhone data plan on a 3G phone? Do you achieve fast speeds?

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
I sold my iPhone a couple of weeks ago and I am about to order a Nokia N95 to use until the 3G iPhone is released. Will I be able to get 3G internet using my sim card? I only have the iPhone data plan on my account.

Anybody here ever use their iPhone data plan on a 3G phone? Do you achieve fast speeds?

Well the 3G iPhone isn't out till July... So i don't think anyone used the iPhone data plan on the 3G iPhone yet. Maybe if you wait till it drops, people might try it then and you'll receive an answer.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Well the 3G iPhone isn't out till July... So i don't think anyone used the iPhone data plan on the 3G iPhone yet. Maybe if you wait till it drops, people might try it then and you'll receive an answer.
I was asking if anyone tried using it in any regular 3G phone, not the 3G iPhone.

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
I was asking if anyone tried using it in any regular 3G phone, not the 3G iPhone.

Oh sorry, I misread that... In that case it should, like I can plug in my sim and run it on my 3G Sony Ericsson phone, but it will run on the GSM speed not the 3G speed

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Oh sorry, I misread that... In that case it should, like I can plug in my sim and run it on my 3G Sony Ericsson phone, but it will run on the GSM speed not the 3G speed
That sucks, I guess I'll have to change my data plan. Hopefully they will know that I had the previous iPhone and let me upgrade to the 3G one for the subsidized price since I'm still in contract.