iPhone SIM in another AT&T Phone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I know there have been many questions out there about this. As like many, I love my iPhone but I also love my PDA phone. Both have strenths and weeknesses but the question is... Can you have both. I have heard that if you take your SIM from another AT&T phone and insert it into the iPhone, it will work but you will be charged for the internet my the kb and also some things will NOT work such as visual VM and youtube and such... This may be due to the fact that when you connect your iPhone to iTunes for the first time, it will marry the phone to the SIM inside. Not sure how true that is or not but tell me this, what would happen if you had AT&T program your iPhone SIM that you have been using in your iPhone for some time and put it in a PDA phone with the PDA plan. I know this works and have tried it. After a few weeks of having it in the PDA phone, what happens if you put it back into the iPhone..? Lets just say if everything works 100%, would it be safe to say that you are NOT getting charged by the kb when using the internet? How would you even know if you were..?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i know people have used there iPhone sims in other phones and have not heard of any issues.... if you really use both that much you may want to try to get a card reader and burner and some software and creating a duplicate sim card so you could have a copy of your sim in another phone... you could use one when you need it for this and one for that... or one during the day and the other at night when you go out... im not sure if you could have them both on at the same time if it would create a conflict on the network but it may... im not sure as i have not experimented with duplicating sim cards but it can be done

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
wondering if there is a way to find out if you are getting charged for data by the kb thou. The site is not showing me because i changed my plan less than a month back to pda plan. Everything work except the visual vm.