iPhone slow processing.Tips please

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
So I noticed that after JB and installing cydia apps the phone has totally slowed down to turtle speed.

I hate how my SMS takes forever to load the message, camera takes forever, contacts, ALL OF IT!

I don't keep a lot of winterboard items stored, only what I use. And I don't have a crazy theme. I know that also affects the speed of the phone.

Any tips on how to speed up the phones capabilities?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I don't know a lot about JB, but I do know several members returned to a stock phone for the very reason you are asking about. Lag seems to be a major issue with JB phones.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There have been guides for various tweaks you can do to try and speed up a jailbroken phone, but the fact is they don't work for everyone. Not everyone gets the lag as bad as you apparently do, and no one that I know of seems to be able to nail down the source. Like Don said, I'm one of the folks who just couldn't stand the lag anymore so I went stock.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you! :(

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I also went stock, and I've been stock. I'm much happier with my phone now.

krypto

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've been both stock & JB. I've also timed my apps in both stock & JB to find out how much lag being JB added.

I have been able to narrow down the lag on my device to Winterboard themes. I'm not going to speak for others, but WB themes are the only JB app I use that causes noticeable lag on my iPhone.

On average I get about 1 - 2 extra seconds of lag on my SMS, camera, settings, calendar, etc.

For me this is not so bad, so I'm currently JB. When I get tired of the lag I simply turn my WB themes all off and the lag goes away.