iPhone Software Update As Soon As July 5?

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Here are some of the ugrades I've heard about:

That's a logical conclusion, and one that is now "confirmed" by another source. AppleInsider is mongering some tantalizing rumors about the iPhone, some of which were supposedly heard from a "Palo Alto mobile user interface designer that regularly associates with Apple employees." Missing features and applications will be coming to the iPhone with—or even before—the release of Leopard, including:
  • iChat-like instant messaging program
  • custom ringtones
  • enhanced Leopard integration
  • file browser
  • auto-discovering file sharing
  • "Spotlight-like" search
  • Exchange support beyond IMAP
  • "mobile" iWork support
  • Flash plug-in

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Please God....cut and paste!
Only 5 more minutes till 7/5...gonna hit that "Check for Updates" button as soon as the clock strikes midnight.

Revin9k

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
too early for an upgrade. They need to fix and add many things, they are going to take there time.

MrMciPhone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
And they better improve the speaker volume!
Is the speaker volume more of a software or hardware thing? I think if they upped the volume through an update and the speakers themselves couldnt handle it, the sound would be distorted.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Is the speaker volume more of a software or hardware thing? I think if they upped the volume through an update and the speakers themselves couldnt handle it, the sound would be distorted.
I'm not sure, but in another thread someone said that it was possible to fix the problem through a software update on iTunes.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I'm not sure, but in another thread someone said that it was possible to fix the problem through a software update on iTunes.
That was just that persons opinion. I highly doubt it will be able to be fixed, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Until Apple releases an official statement saying that there will be an update, it's just a rumor.

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
Low Volume on Calls

They need to fix the volume when holding the phone up to my ear the volume is to low on the iPhone this way. I think this complaint is so wide that Apple must know about this. The internal speaker for cell phone calls is terrible. I love the phone, but I hope they fix this.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
That was just that persons opinion. I highly doubt it will be able to be fixed, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Until Apple releases an official statement saying that there will be an update, it's just a rumor.
It was actually a fact, according to AppleJohn (but I don't know if he really works for Apple or not).

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Well, I know that my V3 could have its volume increased by editing the firmware. It worked, too...:)

IceTrAiN

Bronze
It was actually a fact, according to AppleJohn (but I don't know if he really works for Apple or not).
To that I reply... LOL!

I do hope there is an update though(Listen to me, I didn't even activate yet and I want an upgrade! :) ) because I would love to have iChat or something that would get me on AIM. I had an original sidekick and it was great, except for the fact that it was t-mobile, and in my area(and most other areas I was in while having the sidekick) the service was downright terrible. When it had service it was great though. I'm not too fond of the whole webapp IM situation either, considering you have to pass your login information through someone elses server... Is the source for that available on the net somewhere so I could host it myself? o_O

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Until someone posts a link to Apple or At&t's web page where it says there is going to be an update it's just a rumor.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Applejohn is Kolizion.
Are you saying that as fact or as something you believe to be true. I seem to remember that Chris banned that Kolizion guy, which means his IP address and all. He may well have been someone similar but, I'll say it again, if you have questions like that about people it's best to take it up with admin and NOT play it out in the forums.