iPhone speakers for music

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
I don't have an iPhone but would like to know this answer before I decide to buy one. Let's say I were on the bus to school and I was listening to music on my iPhone with earbuds, but someone comes to sit next to me and accidentally pushes my earbuds out of the audio port on the iPhone. Will the music come out of the speakers instead when this happens? I appreciate your time to answer my question.

Jul 10, 2008
no it does not continue playing...it pauses and will play on the speakers when you press play

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
I do want to specify that this question is about the iPhone 3G. Does anyone else agree with soccer's response?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
First off there is only one speaker. The other is a mike. Secondly if someone knocks the jack out of the audio port, your last concern would be the music coming out of the speaker. The phone would probably be seriously damaged.:p
But to answer the question, no. No music will come out.

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
Ok thanks for your answers guys.

Jul 10, 2008
I do want to specify that this question is about the iPhone 3G. Does anyone else agree with soccer's response?
yes i am talking about the iPhone 3g...this is an iPhone 3g forum **** ***

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
Sorry about sparking your temper soccer, I didn't know iPhone 3G owners were so testy. ;)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
yes i am talking about the iPhone 3g...this is an iPhone 3g forum **** ***
We don't tolerate this kind of behavior on this forum. It was a question that deserved an answer. Keep this up and you will find yourself banned.

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
Thanks for sticking up for me saverino and dturner. But I don't want to cause any more trouble, so feel free to close this thread since my question has been answered.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Thanks for sticking up for me saverino and dturner. But I don't want to cause any more trouble, so feel free to close this thread since my question has been answered.
Don't worry. You didn't cause any trouble. :)

It's just people like soccer that have short tempers, and get angry for no reason. ;)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
No such thing. You did nothing to get that kind of answer. We are trying to build membership on the forum and it is jerks like this that drive people away. Please stick around and ask whatever you want to. 99.9% of the people here are very nice and willing to help. It is really like one big family here. We care about each other beyond belief(check out the general discussion area). That post has been reported and the mods will handle it.

Welcome to EIC.

jasiel

Aug 4, 2008
Thanks again for your help dturner! I'm glad to know that most of the people here are nicer than soccer lol. I'm definitely going to stick around and make sure to discuss with you guys when I get my iPhone 3G soon.