iPhone static

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nsellers

Jul 27, 2007
I have an in home airport for wireless communication. When my iPhone is out of the cradle and checks for email, I get static over my MacBook Pro computer speakers. If my iPhone is in the cradle and the phone rings I get heavy static over my MacBook Pro speakers....how can I fix this?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have an in home airport for wireless communication. When my iPhone is out of the cradle and checks for email, I get static over my MacBook Pro computer speakers. If my iPhone is in the cradle and the phone rings I get heavy static over my MacBook Pro speakers....how can I fix this?
Unless I am missing something this has nothing to do with WiFi and everything to do with GSM. Not much you can do about it aside from plugging in a good pair of shielded speakers and turning off the laptop's internal speakers.

If you do think this has something to do with WiFi pull out the SIM and see if you still get interference when checking email.

--
Mike

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I've had GSM phones all my life and this thing does happen. My last phone which was a nokia only does it when there is an incoming call or text. I could hear the static in my speakers at work so I always know when there is an incoming call or text which was nice. The thing is the iPhone for some reason does it way much more than all of my previous gsm phones even on occasion when I’m not receiving anything. Is it maybe because Apple hasn’t perfected this yet and nokia has since they’ve been on the mobile phone game for a while? I don’t know, but it does make sense to me.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I've had GSM phones all my life and this thing does happen. My last phone which was a nokia only does it when there is an incoming call or text. I could hear the static in my speakers at work so I always know when there is an incoming call or text which was nice. The thing is the iPhone for some reason does it way much more than all of my previous gsm phones even on occasion when I’m not receiving anything. Is it maybe because Apple hasn’t perfected this yet and nokia’s have, since they’ve been on the mobile phone game for a while? I don’t know, but it does make sense to me.
Probably because your iPhone is receiving data over GSM as well as doing voice - so checking for Email etc etc - that's why it you hear it even when there's no voice call