IPhone stop streaming music when opening other apps.

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by FFAP1234, Jul 22, 2015.

1. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I was wondering if somebody has the same problem I have. Lately when I'm streaming music with any music service the streaming stops when I open an app related to GPS location.

I know if I restore the phone will probably solve the problem para I don't have time to do that now.

I already reboot it and did other easier possible solutions. To me it sounds as I don't have enough RAM for music and more apps at the same time. Can somebody help me please? Thank you.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tested it immediately after a reboot with just those two apps open? If it still doesn't work, it would rule out low RAM as the cause.

3. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I just reboot it again I tried it to make it work right away as you suggested and I have the same problem. What do I do?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If they aren't stock apps, delete both of them and reinstall them.

5. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

No, that didn't solve it either :(

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Which apps are you using? I just tested it with Apple Maps and Pandora and it worked fine for me.

7. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I was afraid of that question : ) I will rather no to tell which one it is if you don't mind but I can tell you it is a dating app that tells you who is around you. I have other friends who use the same app with the same iPhone 6, and can stream music but me. I just tried with pandora and still the same problem.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Does Pandora stop if you open Apple Maps?

9. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

No it doesn't.

10. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

What I don't understand is that I was able to do that all the time and now I can't anymore.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So everything works fine except music apps stop streaming music when you open the dating app?

12. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Yes that is correct. If I can say something more will be that in general I notice that my phone is much slower now than when it was new.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Regarding the lag: First try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time and let go of both when you see the Apple logo. If that doesn't help, reset all settings. You won't lose any data or media. You'll just have to re-enter your settings. This includes, alarms, weather cites, wallpaper, ringtones, WiFi passwords and a few other things. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

It's possible that these will also fix the problem with the app. If they don't, email the app developer.

14. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Hard reset is what I have been doing. I will definitely try the reset all settings, I don't want to do it now. I will do it later in the evening. Thank you very much for all your support.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay. I thought you were just rebooting. Let me know if resetting the settings helps.

16. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I did the reset all settings. It didn't solve the problem again : ( I'm very frustrated. Thank you for your help.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Email the developer of the app you are having a problem with. It sounds like a bug.

Did the reset help with the lag?

18. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I'm working on it. I tried one time and it didn't send. Thank you again.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is it running faster now after the reset?

20. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

At first I wanted to think that is was faster but I not really. Maybe using more I will notice it ( I hope ). I think it is the phone, and I really think restoring should solve the problem. Being close to the new iPhone I don't want to take the time for that. I have too many apps to put in folders: : (