iPhone stuck in rebooting mode. Silver Apple.

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
Ok so I have used ziPhone to hack my iPhone but i restored all of that and as iTunes was rebooting it just stayed on the silver Apple. I have tried everything nothing works. I was wondering do you guys think that Apple will replace for FREE there are no third party stuff on it any more. So do you think they will?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Ok so I have used ziPhone to hack my iPhone but i restored all of that and as iTunes was rebooting it just stayed on the silver Apple. I have tried everything nothing works. I was wondering do you guys think that Apple will replace for FREE there are no third party stuff on it any more. So do you think they will?
If you jailbroke the phone then it's quit likely that there is still remnants of the jailbreak on the phone. You need to restore it. You can do that by placing the phone in the dock over and over until iTunes recognizes it. I know this sounds peculiar, but it will work.

Good luck

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Be sure to restore it as a new iPhone. Do not restore from backup.

Ya know what, I'm going to put this in my sig. I say it so much...

Makk9

May 14, 2008
I had a similar problem after kate and restored but i didn't set up as a new phone , yes i know, not the right thing to do. but there was one incident after restore where the phone's programs became unresponsive, like in kate. I turned it off then on again, and it became normal again. But is this going to continue, do i need to restore again... Because i had to pay a good 70 dollars for the restore (i live un a 3rd world country) or will it continue working fine until i can "safely" update to 2.0.

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
Ok so i couldn't back it up or anything because my computer didn't recognize it. So i took it into Apple and they just gave me a BRAND SPANKIN NEW iPhone. I know how a broke it but don't want to tell you guys because people will do it just to get a new iPhone. I was surprised they gave me a brand new one it took them less than 5 min to give me a brand new one. :laugh2:

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My iPhone 3G is stuck in reboot. I have not unlocked or jailbroken it. I guess I'll restore it when I go home. I'm not panicking. Really, I'm not. :laugh2: