iPhone stuck in recovery mode and won't turn off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lan05

Sep 13, 2007
Hello. Well I just received my iPhone I ordered from Apple, and right away I started the procedure to unlock it. I used ibrickr to add the necessary files to the phone, it told me to turn on the phone in recovery mode and wait. So I did and it was passed the max 10 minutes it should've lasted. If that was the case it said to close ibrickr and turn off the phone. Well I removed the iPhone and now it won't turn off. It is still on and there is no way I can turn it off, it is just stuck on recovery mode, and Windows won't even detect it on iTunes. I even tried it on my iMac and it still won't detect it on iTunes. Anyone know how I can get my phone back to normal? I checked all over the net and I can't find anything or anyone that has my problem. :( Thanks.

plotan

Sep 12, 2007
Hello. Well I just received my iPhone I ordered from Apple, and right away I started the procedure to unlock it. I used ibrickr to add the necessary files to the phone, it told me to turn on the phone in recovery mode and wait. So I did and it was passed the max 10 minutes it should've lasted. If that was the case it said to close ibrickr and turn off the phone. Well I removed the iPhone and now it won't turn off. It is still on and there is no way I can turn it off, it is just stuck on recovery mode, and Windows won't even detect it on iTunes. I even tried it on my iMac and it still won't detect it on iTunes. Anyone know how I can get my phone back to normal? I checked all over the net and I can't find anything or anyone that has my problem. :( Thanks.
Hi, I have kind of the same problem. I can turn of my phone but it only goes to Recovery Mode and when i try to recover iTunes says that it´s not enough memory on the phone.

Have you tried to hold in the SLEEP/AWAKR button and the HOME button at the same time for 20-30 seconds.

Regards

Plotan

Lan05

Sep 13, 2007
Hi, I have kind of the same problem. I can turn of my phone but it only goes to Recovery Mode and when i try to recover iTunes says that it´s not enough memory on the phone.

Have you tried to hold in the SLEEP/AWAKR button and the HOME button at the same time for 20-30 seconds.

Regards

Plotan
LOL, yes I tried that and it worked a while ago. Thanks though, that solved the case. Ive seen your problem around the net, try googling it. Thanks again.

Emdriven

Jul 8, 2007
Same thing happened to me last night. Tried everything and it wouldn't get out of discovery mode and would not power off. I found out that if you let the battery drain totally then place it on the charger it will start charging your phone and you will be OUT of discovery mode. This morning I was able to charge and use my phone again. Hope this helps.