iPhone Stuck in Restore... HELP!

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
So I am trying to unlock this phone and it got stuck in restore mode. I was JB and unlocking with RedSn0w 0.8. Now when I try to restore in iTunes it tries to prepare and then I get an error saying it cannot restore. And when I try to JB it stays on the Ramdisk loading screen.

Now I just have an iPhone that is stuck on the iTunes USB logos which can double as a nice fierce beer coaster.

Can someone please please please solve this issue. Ive tried everything and it is driving me nuts! Ive done everything short of taking it to Apple, which is something I DO NOT want to do.

Anyone who comes up with the solution, I will paypal $5 into an account :-D

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Hold the home button and the power button till the phone turns off this will hard reset it

When you do this does it just restart back to the iTunes logo?

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Hold the home button and the power button till the phone turns off this will hard reset it

When you do this does it just restart back to the iTunes logo?

Yes, thats where it is stuck. I have to hold home and power just to turn the thing off.

Even when I try to jailbreak it tries to download the data and then just gives up and goes back to the iTunes logo

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
What Firmware are you running?
When I try to JB it recognizes the 3.0 ISPW so I am guessing that. I haven't even been able to use this phone yet due to this problem so I cant tell you with assurance. Most likely its on 3.0 since it was recognized that way

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
With redsn0w close the program

Right click it and run as administrator

Then see if it works without any errors

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When you plug it into iTunes, it should say which Firmware your using.

If your really having problems, put your device into DFU mode, once in DFU mode, iTunes will prompt you and tell you that your device will need to be restored.

Restore the device to 3.0.1 then if you wish to jailbreak- Use redsn0w and select the 3.0 ipsw file.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
With redsn0w close the program

Right click it and run as administrator

Then see if it works without any errors
No luck. It is remaining at the same ramdisk screen. Would removing the protection option have an effect maybe?

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
When you plug it into iTunes, it should say which Firmware your using.

If your really having problems, put your device into DFU mode, once in DFU mode, iTunes will prompt you and tell you that your device will need to be restored.

Restore the device to 3.0.1 then if you wish to jailbreak- Use redsn0w and select the 3.0 ipsw file.
Jesus, even putting it in DFU mode did not help. iTunes gets stuck at 'preparing to restore' and then errors after a few minutes.

This phone is apparently f'd up! Any other ideas? This was a good one cause I hadn't done this yet

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you got the latest version of iTunes?

Have you tried alternate USB ports? -This helps honest.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you downloaded the latest FW to your computer. I can only think maybe your trying to install corrupt FW.

Are you certain your putting it into DFU mode correctly?

A Hard-Reset should work. Does the phone function whatsoever...?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Possibly he thinks it's in DFU mode but it's actually not? I do know that every time I installed a beta, I had to restore the phone and it would take 3 tries to get it to work for every single beta! It would give errors twice and I think at this point, most people would give up. Just want to make sure it's not doing the same for the original poster.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Have you downloaded the latest FW to your computer. I can only think maybe your trying to install corrupt FW.

Are you certain your putting it into DFU mode correctly?

A Hard-Reset should work. Does the phone function whatsoever...?
As of right now the phone is in DFU mode. iTunes recognizes it as on when the phone is off and I follwed step by step rules on putting it in that state. From there I tried to restore several times but no luck

I am currently downloading a new FW just in case the other file was corrupt.

Any special details on what I should do while it is in DFU mode?

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
UPDATE:

- Phone in DFU mode
- DL'd new FW to restore with
- Tried to restore in iTunes
- iTunes remains at 'Preparing iPhone for restore' screen

Any mnore suggestions or is there anything Im doing wrong?