iPhone stuck in verbose mode, won't restore

Aug 10, 2007
hi all,

just got an iphone- tried to do some fake activation and ended up screwing it up. here's what happened:

tried iactivator- kept crashing and messed up the phone, so i restored. ok not a prob. tried again. iactivator crashed again. phone was weird. so i restored. a 3rd time was the one the killed it. after the restore i saw NOTHING BUT WHITE TEXT. i forced it into recovery mode (yellow triangle and all) to restore but it's the same over and over. NOTHING BUT SCROLLING WHITE TEXT, similar to verbose mode on a mac.

any advice?

thanks.:sick:

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
This has happened to people trying to use the old jailbreak with iTunes 7.4. There is something the iPhone does not like with this. There is a way to fix this, I will try and find the link for you. I had this happen with the white text and a continuous reboot.

Aug 10, 2007
This has happened to people trying to use the old jailbreak with iTunes 7.4. There is something the iPhone does not like with this. There is a way to fix this, I will try and find the link for you. I had this happen with the white text and a continuous reboot.
wow. great! any advice is greatly appreciated. it just scared the crap out of me!

thanks again. :oops:

jamana

Sep 16, 2007
same happened to me...

EXACTLY happened to me...

tried iactivator- kept crashing and messed up the phone, so i restored. ok not a prob. tried again. iactivator crashed again. phone was weird. so i restored. a 3rd time was the one the killed it. after the restore i saw NOTHING BUT WHITE TEXT. i forced it into recovery mode (yellow triangle and all) to restore but it's the same over and over. NOTHING BUT SCROLLING WHITE TEXT, similar to verbose mode on a mac.

PLEASE search the link or some solution/advice because i became very depressive and feel like crap.

THNX in advance

jamana

Sep 16, 2007
Fix this problem.

i did find out the solution.

iPhone + iTunes 7.4 Endless Reboot Fix

If your iPhone is rebooting endlessly from iTunes 7.4 this *might* help.
This is for use with iTunes 7.4 and Mac OS X ONLY!

Please digg this to help others find this solution.
New instructions

It may be best to reboot your Mac before performing the steps below:
Make sure you have at least iTunes 7.4 installed, then simply download and install the new 3.1 version of AppTapp Installer.
Old, obsolete instructions

Make sure iTunes and iTunesHelper isn't running.

Download this.

Unzip it.
Run this command:
./iPhonecomm -s 4 If it does work you can go ahead and run AppTapp 3.0

Next time be patient let us brick our phones when there is an iTunes update.

~ Nullriver Software

Oct 17, 2007
Hey...I want to uninstall 3.0 and reinstall it. The icon is was lost and the program just locks up the phone. How do I get it off my phone.