iPhone stuck on boot screen, SOS

tai376

May 6, 2008
Hey guys, pretty new, here's the deal.

8gb jailbroken 1.1.4. The last app that I remember downloading was RemindMe, which shows your calendar on your lock screen (apparently, because I never got to that point).

The Springboard was going slow so I rebooted it. Before, it was stuck on the Apple logo screen and "rebooted" itself every 7-10 mins. My computer would not recognize it and iLiberty nor iBrickr would take it out of recovery. Now it is out of battery from leaving it on the boot screen. It will charge through my computer but won't turn on or make itself recognizable.

SOS!

I saw a post on here cautioning people to stay away from that app because it wasn't stable... U have to force your phone into dfu mode I believe... You do that by holding the sleep/wake button and the home button till the screen has the Apple on it, then let go of the sleep wake button while holding the home button down all the while... The connect to iTunes screen should pop up... Then still holding the home button, plug your phone into your computer. iTunes should recognize it and it will tell you to restore...

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Hey guys, pretty new, here's the deal.

8gb jailbroken 1.1.4. The last app that I remember downloading was RemindMe, which shows your calendar on your lock screen (apparently, because I never got to that point).

The Springboard was going slow so I rebooted it. Before, it was stuck on the Apple logo screen and "rebooted" itself every 7-10 mins. My computer would not recognize it and iLiberty nor iBrickr would take it out of recovery. Now it is out of battery from leaving it on the boot screen. It will charge through my computer but won't turn on or make itself recognizable.

SOS!
What you need to do is to remove and replace the phone in the dock several time. I know this sounds funny, but it will work. I experienced this same thing. What you need to do is to get iTunes to see the phone, and then of course you can restore.

wraggs91

Mar 23, 2009
Re-Jailbreak it

i had the same problem yesterday with my 32gb 2g ipod i tried everything then i juse re jailbroke it and it just wiped everything off but was still working

Mar 28, 2009
How I fixed frozen screen/update issue

Not sure if it helps, but I was getting error code #13 after updating from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 and it would NOT restore no matter what I did. So, it would neither update nor restore to factory. I'm no computer tech., but I'm not new to it either... I had jailbroke it first (wasn't thrilled with the outcome anyway)...

I was finally able to get it to work by restoring then updating again from a DIFFERENT computer. (Trying to use different usb ports on the same computer may work also, I had no luck).... I'm not sure if it was because I had Vista and that is why it was giving me trouble. But, I restored it from my desktop which has XP and it restored and then updated perfect! (make sure to update to iTunes 8 or it will not work properly either)...

Uninstalling iTunes and the Apple software from you computer then reinstalling (drivers and all) then restoring and updating may help as well....

My shot at offering any assistance... Hope it helps! I'm very happy with the update (I have not updated in FOREVER!).. :p

somantix

Feb 26, 2009
I've had a similar issue. Re-jailbreak if you can get to that point, if not try getting iTunes to recognize and restore from there.

Good luck