iPhone stuck on boot - silver Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Rethink, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Rethink

Rethink New Member

My iPhone wont boot up. It's stuck on the silver Apple logo. It happened when I changed my theme in Summerboard. After I selected my theme, the soft reset hanged (littlte circle kept spinning). So I manually reset and all I get is the Apple logo. I've tried holding the home and sleep button together to restart and let go of those buttons when I see the Apple logo, but this is not working. Any ideas causing the issue? I hope I don't have to restore.

2. Stevonw

Stevonw New Member
    Silver

Ignore, i didn't read it all.

3. akophone

akophone New Member
    Bronze

Hopefully you didn't install a theme from HighTymes. The iSwitcher app also caused me to restore. Some community sources cannot be trusted, especially during this 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 transition. Some users have indeed reported problems that ultimately led them to restore their phones....

4. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Your M68AP.plist file is corrupted. If you can get in via SSH or iBrickr you can replace it and all should be fine. My iPhone was stuck at that prompt too, but replacing that plist brought it back to life.

I've attached a copy, in case you don't have a backup. It goes here:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

--
    Mike

Attached Files:

5. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

This is exactly what happened to me and I just had to time when I released the home and power buttons and finally the "connect to iTunes" logo came up and I was able to restore. It was quite the headache.

6. Rethink

Rethink New Member

thanks tinman. It worked

7. thabigo

thabigo New Member

Im having the same problem wats SSH and iBrickr?

8. cy246

cy246 New Member

will ibrickr automatically re write over the file?

9. HUMVEE

HUMVEE New Member

Thx a lot @Tinman it's worked for me....i'm used fw 1.1.1...you're best brother....

#9 HUMVEE, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  10. opiumdreamworks

opiumdreamworks New Member

iPhone stuck on Apple logo

11. bplemos

bplemos New Member

Locked Up... Apple Logo :(

Hi Guys... same problem.

Tried to change the theme in Winterboard, and it crashed, so I had to rest.

After this, nothing works... :(

Made what was recommended by Tinman, but didn`t solve the problem. I have a 2g phone with 2.0 installed. Not sure if it is the same file.

Did anyone had a problem like this? Can anyone help? I REALLY didn`t want to have to make a full restore.

Thanks in advance....

12. itsnowornever

itsnowornever Member
    Bronze

I had to fully restore and jailbreak my husbands after his locked up like that. It took a little bit, but oh well, the phones back and good as new

13. elkay

elkay New Member

Firmware 2.0 doesn't appear to change the M68AP.plist or N82AP.plist files. Does anyone know where the icon order is stored now?

14. elkay

elkay New Member

Think I found it in com.apple.springboard.plist, correct?

15. thehotrod

thehotrod Member
    Bronze

any news on this. My iPhone 3g is stuck at the silver Apple. I found the springboard.plst file, but what do I do with it? How do I alter it?

16. elkay

elkay New Member

If you really don't want to start from absolute scratch you can SSH in and delete all of the app store app directories from your Applications folder (NOT the jailbroken apps, that's the wrong folder). Usually after you delete a certain number of them, it will come back to life (varies from only a few to most/all of them, and it's random which one does it). The ones you do delete will lose their settings, but it's better than starting from scratch. You just have to resync with those apps unchecked then sync again with those apps checked from iTunes to get those back. I've found no way so far to unfreeze it without losing anything (copying the dirs back does not work, and I tried "killall SpringBoard" from the console and that didn't work either).

17. hannibal_lecter50

hannibal_lecter50 New Member

hy there. i have a big problem with my iPhone (2g 8g, last firm 3.1.2). it starting to make problems with apps, and i did him a remove all data and settings, and it's staid in format a lot of hours and nothing, it;s stuck on boot. i've tried reset with home button and power. nothing.. what should i do? thx.

18. cisco

cisco New Member

Hi there!

My iPhone 3g on 3.0 and jailbroken has been stuck on the white Apple logo since saturday, after updating an app from cydia.

Since then i've been searching through many forums, and some showed me that using iPhonebrowser and other usb SSH programs would fix it by editing some files on my phone.

BUT, the iPhone is not recognized by iPhonebrowser, Diskaid, or iFunbox, meaning that i can't change any files to make it start working!

also, it is not recognized by iTunes, and i really don't want to restore it.

any tips as to what i should do?

(going to the Apple store isn't an option because i bought it in the uk (i was living there) and there isn't on in my country here......)

:mad:

thanks a lot in advance,

Cisco

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Press and hold the home and power buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds, if it fails to boot, you'll have to restore it. Since iTunes isn't recognizing it, you'll need to put it in DFU mode first.

20. Andrew_

Andrew_ New Member
    Bronze

I had the exact same problem and that's exactly what I had to do. It works.