iPhone stylus?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by SpunkyXL, Jul 2, 2007.

1. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL New Member

Ya think Apple will ever come out with a Stylus for the iPhone? A stylus really would be a sweet addition! Would be so much easier to type!

2. c1ockwerk

c1ockwerk New Member
    Bronze

your finger is the stylus

3. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL New Member

greesy Fingers = weak sauce..I have to wash my hands before using it

4. brinox

brinox New Member
    Bronze

its my understanding that your finger carries some sort of electrical charge which is why you cant work the iPhone with gloves on.. so the stylus would have to have some sort of equivalent charge to work with the touchscreen.

5. ColsTiger

ColsTiger Zealot
    Gold

the touchscreen is the nicest feature to me. Since getting the iPhone Friday night, I've become addicted to using my fingers. I used my son's SLVR last night and I kept wanting to tap the display to navigate instead of pressing the soft keys. It's amazing how quickly you become comfortable with the iPHone UI.

6. tfg

tfg New Member

Completely agree. I think it was the touchscreen that sold me on the iPhone. I think that this is the best user interface i've ever seen. The touch screen is incredible and this is the easiest phone to use that I've ever seen. You don't even really get a manual, but you almost don't even need one!

7. TrippalHealicks

TrippalHealicks New Member
    Gold

IAWTP.

Touch-screen is so damn perfect.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

To put it in technical terms, the touchscreen UI is MONEY-METAL!

9. Draven

Draven Member
    Bronze

The two times I've been in the AT&T store playing with the demo iPhone, the touchscreen has been amazing.

The only bugger is that some of those smaller icons, like the circular next arrows, are bloody hard to press sometimes, heh.

10. wjp09

wjp09 Zealot
    Gold

it needs to have skin contact

11. Mustang05

Mustang05 New Member
    Bronze

Your body is capable of flowing electricty. A person can light a light bulb with their touch is cercumstances are right. I don't know much about it but its true. If you've ever seen the movie The Prestige is has a little bit of this in it.

12. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    I was wondering if any of you had ever used a stylus on your phone. I was looking at styli on Amazon yesterday and decided to order a set of them. They got good reviews and were fairly inexpensive for 9 of them. I've always wondered if these were okay to use w/o damaging the phone's screen. They're only 4 1/2 inches long and have a rubber tip at the end. I like keeping my screen clean and just thought this might be a good way to accomplish that. Thanks in advance. Cheers!!

13. alicepattinson

Bronze

Ahmm. why use stylus on an iPhone? hihihi :) maybe when using doodle app. it's nice to use a stylus.

14. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

There are many uses for a stylus, some are for fun and some are for business. for example if your sub contract and you need to do quick sketch of rooms dimensions, or better yet if you have a galaxy note phone you can just take a picture then write notations on that pic as far as dimensions or were you want things to be located like shower,table, or were a window should be. then you can send that to the client in the form of a email or mms. very handy if you know how to use it.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

My experience with a stylus was brief. It was more trouble than it was helpful. But I had the wrong kind. I need one good for photoshop editing. I did make one with a mechanical pencil, a tack, and a paper clip. It actually worked.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

macgyver.jpg

17. Scottman9899

Scottman9899 New Member

My daughter had a pen stylus for her iPod that worked on the phone. I thought it was a cool idea but just didn't need it.

18. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

I use a stylus on the iPhone about 95% of the time. Have done so since the iPhone 4S. As for the iPad I've used it ever since the original iPad. I use it for selecting everything including, opening apps and for all typing. As far as I know, it's not a crime here in California.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Give it time.

20. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

LQ (laughing quietly)