iPhone suddenly ends function and returns to home screen - why?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mtjsrc

Nov 18, 2007
san ramon
Anyone have their iPhone just go black and return to the home screen while viewing photos or browsing the music files? Also while in Safari the phone will do it too. Any advise or reason?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Try powering down your iPhone completely. Most people just put the phone to sleep by clicking the lock button on the top. Instead hold the lock button down until you get the "slide to power off" option. After doing that about once a week, your phone will quit crashing during applications.

drahardja

Sep 30, 2007
Try powering down your iPhone completely. Most people just put the phone to sleep by clicking the lock button on the top. Instead hold the lock button down until you get the "slide to power off" option. After doing that about once a week, your phone will quit crashing during applications.
Sounds suspiciously like Windows.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Sounds suspiciously like Windows.
Yeah, but it works. I put mine to sleep during the week so I can use the alarm every morning, but on the weekend I always shut it down completely. It took a long time to power down last night because it was the first time it had been completely powered down since the firmware upgrade (1.1.2). I guess it takes it a few seconds to completely install some of the updates. It does sound a lot like windows.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
do you have Summerboard installed?
If so turn the dim wallpaper options off... I had the same problem..
haven't had a crash since i turned it off.
This fix is listed in other threads

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
I have the same problem.
And there is this, at times app closes but does not view home screen. All that is viewable is time bar and a black screen.

Anybody else have that issue? I've searched but couldn't find exact match.