iPhone & sunlight don't mix.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Whenever I use my iPhone in direct sunlight, the screen begins to turn weird looking. Anyone agree or is it just me?

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Sure, the smudges are visible, but I'm the only person I know that can use my phone in the direct sunlight. Most phones' screens aren't even visible.

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Sure, the smudges are visible, but I'm the only person I know that can use my phone in the direct sunlight. Most phones' screens aren't even visible.
Smudges drove me crazy! I finally put a Crystal film on the screen & that took care of the problem. Oh!, if you wear polaroid sunglasses while looking at your screen it will look weird!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Whenever I use my iPhone in direct sunlight, the screen begins to turn weird looking. Anyone agree or is it just me?
No problem here at all, and I can actually see the screen in the sun, unlike my Treo (or prior PDAs). I live in Arizona and suffice to say we get pretty bright sunlight.

--
Mike

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
My feelings exactly. Every other phone I have had, the last being a Razr, there was now way to see the screen in direct sunlight. Where the iPhone washes out a bit, I can still read the screen to make it function.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I don't have any problems at all either. In fact, I'm thrilled with it! I could never use my old phone in bright conditions...the iPhone is much better in this respect.