iPhone support A2DP?

Nikolai Pietrovich

Sep 26, 2007
iPhone + Icombi Ap21 + Motorola S9 = Battery Drain!

I've searched the forums and it seems everyone else but me is enjoying good battery life with the combination above. However, from my experience, my battery drains after using it for just four hours. Doesn't last through the entire work day! At the end of the day I can't call anyone because my battery is dead.

Anyone have similar experiences, or know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Does anyone know when or for sure if the iPhone will be able to support a2dp?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know when or for sure if the iPhone will be able to support a2dp?
The new update (1.1.1) Seems to indicate that support of A2DP is more possible than some of us thought. If Apple can add Video Out through a software upgrade, then why not enable A2DP? And, since both the iPhone and the iPod Touch would benefit from true bluetooth headphones, it seems like a real no-brainer.

Give them time. If you must have it now, buy an iCombi and enjoy your bluetooth headphones.

My guess - Apple will release some good wireless earbuds soon and enable A2DP at that time.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
The new update (1.1.1) Seems to indicate that support of A2DP is more possible than some of us thought. If Apple can add Video Out through a software upgrade, then why not enable A2DP? And, since both the iPhone and the iPod Touch would benefit from true bluetooth headphones, it seems like a real no-brainer.

Give them time. If you must have it now, buy an iCombi and enjoy your bluetooth headphones.

My guess - Apple will release some good wireless earbuds soon and enable A2DP at that time.
It's always been completely possible. All that's needed is to enable/load the A2DP profile on the device. The chipset fully supports it.

I agree on the timing thing. I also believe Apple will restrict this functionality until they have their BT Stereo headphones available.

jtiburcio

Oct 7, 2007
I am not sure what I am doing wrong with this combination, but your steps do not seem to work for me. My understanding is that a bluetooth headset can only be pair to one device...if I pair it with the icombi that the only one that will work with it. if I hold the power button to make the S9 discoverable again and pair with the iPhone it deletes the icombi. How did you pair the S9 with two different devices. it is not working :-( for me

Pretty much. It seems that the S9 headset "remembers" the iCombi after they auto-pair with each other a few times. The key is to pair S9 and iCombi with Bluetooth OFF, the first time only. Then, turn Bluetooth On on iPhone with the iCombi NOT connected. Then, you can keep Bluetooth On on your iPhone forever. Just make sure you turn your headset on first, and THEN connect the iCombi.

jtiburcio

Oct 7, 2007
Never mind...not sure how i did...but kept on doing what you instructed for getting both the phone functions and stereo sound to work with the S9 and now it works...with the icombi. so happy for now...now i wish Apple would just give us that stereo profile on the iPhone itself

I am not sure what I am doing wrong with this combination, but your steps do not seem to work for me. My understanding is that a bluetooth headset can only be pair to one device...if I pair it with the icombi that the only one that will work with it. if I hold the power button to make the S9 discoverable again and pair with the iPhone it deletes the icombi. How did you pair the S9 with two different devices. it is not working :-( for me

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
i bought the icombi and already had the motorola s9. is anyone else getting horrible skipping/cutting out? i could not pinpoint the problem. at first i thought it was because the phone was in my pocket. i put it directly next to the S9 and still had problems. tried disconnecting/reconnecting the icombi, still had problems. i even put the icombi/phone on other side of concrete wall and it worked ok, so i can't figure the problem (don't say put the phone around a concrete wall...:cool: ). is the icombi just a weak transmitter becasue it has no good power source? is the curelean a better transmitter? any help appreciated...

jtiburcio

Oct 7, 2007
I have the same problem too...some skipping/cutting of sound. Sometimes what i have to do is unpair and pair again and that has fixed the problem somwhat (there is the occational skip, but not as bad)

i bought the icombi and already had the motorola s9. is anyone else getting horrible skipping/cutting out? i could not pinpoint the problem. at first i thought it was because the phone was in my pocket. i put it directly next to the S9 and still had problems. tried disconnecting/reconnecting the icombi, still had problems. i even put the icombi/phone on other side of concrete wall and it worked ok, so i can't figure the problem (don't say put the phone around a concrete wall...:cool: ). is the icombi just a weak transmitter becasue it has no good power source? is the curelean a better transmitter? any help appreciated...

A

askjason75

You can enable A2DP and AVRCP via iBlueT

You can enable Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) profiles via hardware solutions such as iBlueT from 8bananas.com. Basically it is a "Made for iPod" dongle and stereo headset bundle. You connect the dongle to the iPhone via the dock connector and then pair the stereo headset to your iPhone / dongle. I can confirm it does NOT have the annoying speaker playing at the same time problem that everyone has experienced with the workarounds of enabling A2DP via tricks / hacks etc... It only cost $99USD vs the Apple Bluetooth headset at $129 USD...

sameog

Aug 29, 2009
what is A2DP?

What exactly is A2DP?

Hey there,

A2DP is a bluetooth profile. The full name is Advanced Audio Distribution Profile.

What that does and means to you is that if you were listening to music streaming from your iPhone and a call comes through. A distinctive tone would be produced through your bluetooth headphones. Pressing the phone button (looks like your average phone handset at home) and the receiving call would be transmitted through your bluetooth headphones. After your call is done and completed, you can either disconnect the call yourself by pressing the same button to receive your previous call OR let your cell phone disconnect for you (your choice). After the call has been terminated, your music stream would resume EXACTLY where it left off, as if nothing happened. Neat, eh? <wink>